Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Concerts

I think I need to stop reading the internet and pregnancy magazines. It’s starting to seem like EVERYTHING can cause harm to the baby. Thanks to Google I’m now feeling a huge amount of guilt over tickets to concerts coming up (about a week apart). I’ve read that loud music can cause hearing damage and also your elevated heart rate can cause stress. I’ll be 17.5 and 18.5 weeks pregnant at the time and after that – no more. I’m done. I’ll crawl into a scent free, noise free bubble and wait for the baby to come.
Fortunately D has already agreed that if the concert is too loud we’ll move back. That is only the concern for the Katy Perry concert since we have floor tickets close to the stage. The next concert is Coldplay the following week. We have front row of the 500 section which means we have the best of the worst seats in the house so I’m not as worried about that one!
Sigh. We go to shows and concerts – we’re big entertainment junkies. I’d like to think that my elevated heart rate will be from being blissfully happy. After all, these may be the last concerts we see for a long while and who knows, maybe our kid will come out dancing? Conception and implantation practically took place on a stage! The night of our insemination I went to see Spring Awakening (onstage seating), followed by 2 other Spring Awakening performances during the TWW. We’ve seen Jersey Boys, the Sound of Music and a New Kids on the Block concerts since conceiving. Of course, I need to mention, that I started my injections of Puregon in the first aid office at a New Kids concert as well. Yes, for the record, I like to see things many, many times!
Do I have anything to really worry about? I often wonder how we got here in one piece without all of the advice Google has to offer!
btw, I'm feeling a lot of movement today... it's awesome!!

4 comments:

  1. I wouldn't worry about it too much. The noise is muffled for the baby and are the eardrums fully developed by that point? Anyway, I'm sure it'll be fine--many pregnant women have gone to concerts, I'm sure. If anything, you could try wearing layers over your belly to help muffle the noise even more. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We go to shows all the time and I don't plan to stop (though standing venues are out). I know of lots of female musicians who toured throughout their pregnancies and the babies are just fine. Go and have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so, wear lots of clothes and don't worry...
    except that it's standing for Katy Perry. lol
    I guess that's ok. We stood the entire show for NKOTB and I was fine. Also, we're not getting there early. I do not need to see her opening act - and I like standing at the back!
    Yipee for concerts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is really muffled in there. And I'm sure the baby benefits from you being totally blissed out!

    ReplyDelete