Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Now I'm angry!

I was in this morning for my u/s and b/w and I saw on my chart "1.3 cm cyst" from my Monday u/s. Why wouldn't they tell me I had a cyst when they gave me my results? I went in to talk to the cycle monitoring nurse. I asked her why the u/s techs kept asking me if I had PCOS or if I was on metaformin and she said it was because I have numerous follicles which is an indication. She said "PCOS as you're calling it".... with attitude. She said I need to "get used to them asking those questions" and if I have any concerns about PCOS I should talk to my Doctor, also with attitude. I flat out asked how I was supposed to know if there was something wrong to even ASK the questions if I'm not being told in my results that there is something I should be concerned about. Should I be hearing this from the u/s technicians? She actually said... "well if that's what they're saying you should speak to your dr.".... WTH!!!!!! So the 80+ transvaginal u/s and blood draws taken over the past 12 months have not given my RE the information she needs to mention there may be a problem???? I guess I have to go an ask her on a hunch or worse yet based on information that I'm not supposed to be relying on. There is a huge sign in the room that says "u/s technicians are legally not permitted to give results". I wonder if there is a small print that says they will give a diagnosis when your RE is ignoring you?
I've had problems for ages with this clinic and I keep going back because it's just easier than being wait listed for a new one. Plus I know another couple on here used them and had such a good experience. I keep wondering what is wrong, why am I not being treated the same way? To make matters even worse is the fact that we're starting to question if there is something wrong just as we're heading in to using a KD. Knowing that there could be a problem and that they are not telling me makes me feel like they do not care at all. If they did they wouldn't let me spend thousands of dollars... unless all I am to them is another patient to make them money.
I was able to book a Doctor's appointment with my family doctor tomorrow and I'm asking to switch clinics!!

No comments:

Post a Comment