All of Sadie's classes last week had Halloween themes. I now know "The 5 Little Pumpkins" poem by heart.
On Wednesday night we went to a family fun night at our parent-child centre. This was Sadie's first time in her costume! She really enjoyed the special storytime (indcluding the 5 little pumpkins).

Friday was our biggest Halloween day! In the morning we went to a special Trick or Treat Parade for little kids. It was really busy but so much fun. I've only been in our new town for a few months but I still ran into many people from our various programs. It's nice to feel part of a community!


We also went Trick or Treating at a local mall that evening. They had a Monstar Mash afterwards with a live band. Sadie brought home a lot of candy from these two events!
On Saturday we went to Boo at the Zoo! I have to admit there was a lot less Boo than I was anticipating but it was still fun. How can you go wrong with animals, kids in costumes and hanging out with other moms? I'm not sure how to link off iPhone but we were joined by Amy, Melissa and their son Jackson as well as Shannon (private blog) and her two boys!

(Image stolen from Melissa)
FINALLY it was Halloween! We carved pumpkins and decorated the house. We decided that Sadie didn't need to go out to Trick or Treat this year so she stayed home to give out candy. We had a lot less kids than we'd expected (around 60) so we have A LOT of leftover candy. What are we going to do about THAT? lol

oh, and I almost forgot! Sadie made some "bumkins" too!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
OMG Sadie in her little costume is killing me with the cute! Stripey tights!!!! Bumkins - hahahahahahaha!
ReplyDeleteLOVE LOVE LOVE the Bumkins!!
ReplyDeleteHa ha, the bumkins are awesome!
ReplyDeleteI agree! The tights are too cute but the bumpkins are amazing! I may need to make one for Thanksgiving!!!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a great Halloween. Love the costume--so adorable.
ReplyDeleteoh, she is so cute in that costume!!!
ReplyDelete