Sunday, October 31, 2010

Randomness

I am really really bad at wanting to write something but not doing it and then holding back other things and then not blogging at all. Trip report will be up as soon as I get pictures uploaded to Blogger.

Until then, here are those other things that I'm holding back.

- Saturday was Sadie's 10 month Birthday. Where has the time gone? D has started to call her a "Twaddler" (like a Tween). She's crawling all over the place and can even walk using pushing toys or a chair. I'm loving this stage so much except for how she attempts to eat everything she picks up (hair, lint, prehistoric cheerios, etc).

- My mom has been living with us for almost 2 months and it's so far been working (provided I ignore her pity parties). The divided space is key.
I know that a lot of people are probably still shaking their heads over our decision to do this but it pretty much had to happen to get her back on track (emotionally and financially). She doesn't particularly like me but she LOVES Sadie and is just an amazing Granny to her.
We have until March to pay our deposit for Sadie's school (start Sept 2011) so we'll play it by ear. Regardless, Granny is in the basement until we send her to a seniors home. (;

- Drama with my cousin over her son's 1st birthday. He's turning 1 next weekend and so far no invite to the party. I've been keeping tabs on it through my mom and found out today that the party is next weekend... BUT.. fill in the excuse that the party is at her MIL's house and she's invited too many people... blah blah blah... because my cousin married into a big Italian family which seems to trump her *own* family.
And then my Aunt pulls out the "why don't we just have a get together for Roman and Sadie to celebrate birthdays together". Umm... doesn't that sound awfully familar? Like when they got together and tried to plot a "get together" INSTEAD of going to my baby shower!?? Why is it that Sadie keeps getting screwed over when my cousin gets TWICE the attention?
This brings up Sadie's 1st Birthday. The hurt feelings over my baby shower are coming back all over again and I don't want to do it again. What's happening with my cousin is enough to proove it wil be exactly the same. My parents won't want to be in the same room as each other and my friends will be too busy.
Screw it. I think we should go to Walt Disney World!!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. "She doesn't particularly like me"

    That makes me sad. I mean, she's your mother, I hope she at least loves you... I am glad she is doing great with Sadie. I understand why you did it and I think it's great to have a back up plan. Yes, I wondered about her being your sitter and living with you only because of the things you've posted. It's great that you have the ability to provide her with support. I hope things get better for her.

    Time does fly!!! She's getting so big now!! We should do a big playdate one day to all get together. Sorry we missed Boo at the Zoo.

    Sorry about the family drama. You'd think for a first birthday it would be cool with everyone that you have your own party to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that comment about your mom not particularly liking you made me sad too. It's great that she adores Sadie and that the situation is working out for everyone.

    Sorry about the birthday drama. Ugh. Maybe you should just have your own celebration. Big parties are a lot for one-year-olds anyway.

    ReplyDelete