Wednesday, February 24, 2010

On our way

On our way to the doctor shortly!
I feel silly for saying this but I have NO idea what a sick baby looks/acts like. I really can't tell if she isn't feeling well or not. Shouldn't that be proof that she isn't sick and I'm just being paranoid?
Here is the crazy part of her symptoms. They kept coming and going so I wasn't sure if I should call the doctor or not but afterward I realized she coughs/sneezes/hiccups in her bouncer & swing but not at any other time. As an experiment I just put her in her bouncer and within the first minute she was sneezing, she now has the hiccups and it's causing her to choke/cry (don't worry, I just got her out). Why would that be happening?

4 comments:

  1. Personally I wouldn't bring her in unless she is feverish or the congestion gets really bad and doesn't seem to be going away after a while. Colds are a pain. They can come and go so that it seems they last the entire winter. Jackson had a cold right after he was born. Riley didn't have one until about 7 months. It's not that bad.

    If they get feverish, then you can suspect an infection.

    Hiccuping is normal. Riley used to hiccup a lot compared to Jackson.

    Not sure why the bouncey would make her sneeze/hiccup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you try washing the cover on the swing/bouncy and just see if that makes her sneeze?

    a sick baby acts MISERABLE. that's one clue. and generally they have symptoms like fever, vomit, diarrhea. you will know--trust me. your baby will not act normal and nothing you do will ease your baby's discomfort.

    try calling telehealth because they can be very helpful and ease your worries as a new mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. no advice, because i dont know what a sick baby looks like either! i do hope the doc visit provides some good info though.

    btw, i keep meaning to say i love the new header! makes me smile every time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I hope it's a false alarm. I can say that Shanie sneezes and has hiccups all the time and he hasn't been sick. Hugs to cute Sadie!

    ReplyDelete