Thursday, November 5, 2009

8 months!!

I can't believe we're 8 months! We've come a long way... Here is my 8 month Belly shot - I'm getting BIG:
I still haven't grown my pregnancy boobies. When is that going to happen? I thought that was one of the "perks"! Also, no face shot this time because I'm a bit of a train wreck. They say that a girl "steals your beauty" and if that's true Sadie will be GORGEOUS.

In other news, D and I worked on a little project this weekend. We were lucky to find receiving blankets in the same pattern as our Changing Pad and decided to use one to upholster the top of Sadie's toy box.

Here is a before shot of the box. We used to have this in our closet as storage. It was in pretty rough shape with scratches and also had sharp corners.
Here is what it looks like now:
We bought a staple gun for the job and I am now in love with it. There's nothing like a pregnant woman armed with a staple gun. It's a good stress reliever.

Sadie's room continues to slowly come together. We STILL haven't picked up the crib. Our plan is to have my father drive in with his truck to get it so we can save the $100 shipping fee. We've also ordered our Glider and he'll pick that up as well. We have our shelves and need to put them up. Maybe I can get my dad to do that too! I am hoping that by the first weekend in December we'll be done and completely ready. We'll have had both of our baby showers (the first is this weekend) and everything should be here by then based on our plan. I hope I'm not leaving things too late!!

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful baby belly you have there! And the toy box is adorable... I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome belly shot! I also love how your toy box turned out. Really cute fabric.

    We have our family shower this weekend, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The toy box is adorable, as is your belly shot!!! I can't believe that we're so close in the babies' sizes and due dates... and I am not good at maths. LOL. I like eight better than nine anyway. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and I can't wait to hear about your first shower, too. :)

    We have our crib, but have done NOT A THING to get ready - including putting it together or laundering anything. I can't tell if we're just putting off the inevitable, or just incredibly busy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great!!!! Yes, they r maternity pants from Motherhood Maternty---best pants ever! Total front panel bc I can't do the under the belly thing. I heart them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you did with the toy box. I can't wait to see the finished room. What's maternity leave like there? I know it's really good in England. My cousins like to rub it in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look great and so does that toy box!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look beautiful! Congrats on one awesome belly!

    ReplyDelete