Monday, November 9, 2009

Rant.

First, we had our baby shower this weekend and it was wonderful. I’m going to write up a post about that (with pictures) tomorrow.
Today, I’ve decided to write a brief rant about my MIL and how she almost ruined it.
In summary, without getting too wound up, my MIL prioritized a televised football game ahead of our baby shower.
Apparently she had “promised” our 4 year old nephew she’d watch the football game with him and “forgot” about our baby shower being at the same time. Her plan was to stop by and leave before the game started which is exactly what she did. She stayed for 45 minutes and then called a cab. She didn’t eat or even see us open presents and as she left she apologised to me by saying “you know how it is when you promise someone something”. Hmmm… Like when you RSVP to your daughter’s baby shower when you receive an invitation 3 weeks in advance?
When we got home we had a sarcastic FACEBOOK message from her mom waiting for us. Something about it being ironic that we’re naming our child after a woman (D’s grandmother) who put her grandchildren above everyone else and yet we’re begrudging her for doing exactly the same.
Clearly she has very poor judgement. D was left without any family at the shower. We expect this kind of shit from my mother, not hers.
How disappointing.

4 comments:

  1. How awful. I'm so sorry you had two had to deal with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be irritated too. As if she couldn't have caught part of the game with her grandson or done something else instead. She should've honoured that RSVP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really disappointing when some of the worst behavior comes from our family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry she was so inconsiderate. That's so rude, and so unfair to you. I hope that at the very least she'll realize how wrong she was and apologize.

    ReplyDelete