I promised myself I would post today in honour of my 35 week milestone. I know we're still two weeks away from full term but this feels amazing.... 35 weeks!! Finally!!
Things are starting to feel very real and I'm starting to feel like we need to kick it into high gear to get ready. The condo (which was once tidy) has turned into a maze of boxes, Christmas decorations and baby stuff. We need to sort that out ASAP because it is out of control. Ironically I feel like our spare room has been transformed from our storage room to a baby's room and now to a baby's storage room. Will there be room for Sadie?
We're also going to go and buy our car seat and have it installed this weekend as I hear you can't leave the hospital without one. That concerns me more than the fact that our crib is still at a warehouse! I think it's time to pack my hospital bag and Sadie's diaper bag as well. We need to get prepared although I have no reason to believe Sadie will be early. We're both very comfortable where we are and I strongly believe she'll be a January baby so much so that my last day of work is December 18th. I'm sort of banking on her being there past 38 weeks, 2 days!! At that point I'm taking vacation December 21-24, December 29th and then my first official mat leave day is December 30th aka My EDD. I'm trying to work around the holidays (Christmas & Boxing Day) so that I get my Stat pay BEFORE I leave. Why give up two days of full pay for no work, right?
I need to get back on here to post about our baby shower. I have pictures! Right now I'm feeling very lazy when it comes to blogging. I'm not sure what my problem is. I'm still reading and commenting but writing is so hard right now. My average posts per month is way down for November. Time is flying by so fast!
I just got your comment and you crack me up! I will post
ReplyDeleteit but I need to get a specific picture first...it will all make sense. I am banking on munchkin coming early, Dec is better than Jan for me and the doc so hopefully he will be normal size! Sadie and munchkin will both come when they are ready but I hear ya on needing to get ready and get those car seats installed and checked!
Man do I hear you on the house being baby stuff and Christmas stuff everywhere! May we both get our houses in order soon! Congrats on 35 weeks! Woot!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on 35 weeks. Get that bag packed ASAP. I've heard plenty of stories of women going to the hospital way earlier than planned and not having their bag ready. It's one less thing you want to worry about.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!! Wow! I bet you will feel better once you have coralled all the baby supplies! Getting so close! Can't wait to see the pics when you get ready!! :)
ReplyDeleteOMGOSH! i can't believe how close you are to having little sadie. now i'm gonna start blog stalking.
ReplyDeleteYey for 35 (and a half) weeks!!! I am with you on the 'hard to blog' thing... I attribute it to the fact that in the beginning we had so much more to learn and read and share... Now, it's all just waiting for the big day. I'm sorry to hear about your shower email conundrum, I hope everything was swimmingly fun -- Can't wait to hear about it. :)
ReplyDelete