Walking home from the appointment I was gagging and throwing up (on the street). By the time I got home I felt terrible. I took a single extra strength Tylenol (not comfortable with 2) and felt better after eating some food. I went to bed as soon as I could but woke up crying for my Mom at 11:00pm. I even yelled downstairs for "Mom" not "D".
All hell broke loose at that point. It was gross so I won't even describe it but I was SICK SICK SICK!!
I'm home today and alone until about 10:00pm since D has night school. I wish so much that I had someone with me because I'm feeling very sad and lonely. Even someone to talk to would be good enough but I've called my Mom and I can't get in contact with her. It's times like these that I do not like being alone in the city. It's hard not having family near you when you need them.
In other news, I found out last night that I am scheduled for my first OB appointment on June 24th. I had no idea I had this appointment so I guess its a good thing I went in for my check-up yesterday! I was happy to hear I did not have to wait until 20 weeks to meet with them but my happiness ended soon after I got home and read the reviews on Rate MDs. SCATHING best describes them:
Condescending when curtly answering questions. Seems knowledgeable although have had limited exposure. Not friendly nor funny. Someone should remind her that as a public servant, we fund her salary. Perhaps a pay-for-performance/rating salary would motivate her. Saw her treat her receptionist in a poor fashion.
I have had not so positive experiences with her. I feel that her staff and herself could use a refresher course on PR skills. I feel that she has TERRIBLE bedside manner. Her secretary is CURT<>
I had the unpleasant experience of dealing with Dr. xxx when she was the on call at Mt. Sinai. don't EVER attempt an unmedicated birth with her and don't try to reject her interventions. As an OB you should never tell your patients that their baby will die unless there is a true emergency. it is NOT the way to talk them into an epidural. i have a complaint in against her and i know of two other women who have also filed complaints. she is horrid. she had me in tears, she yelled at me and she was so mad at my attempts for a natural delivery that she refused to numb me before stiching up a tear.
I could go on. There were 27 reviews and most were along this line. Others mentioned 2 hour waits for appointments on top of rude and that the receptionist will not return your calls no matter how many times you leave messages. Do you think I want her as my Doctor?????? HELL NO.
In all honesty THIS is probably what made me so sick last night. Sure I had a headache but this is STRESS that I do not need!! I PROMPTLY called my GP and told her receptionist that there was NO WAY I was accepting the referral!!! After going through the negative experience I had with clinic #1 I now know when to draw the line. Sorry but I'm not going to give her a chance. So far RateMDs has been accurate for every doctor I've ever seen (good and bad).
I've decided to go with the Dr and Hospital my GP recommended even though I had said that (Hospital) was the last place on earth I'd want to give birth. THAT opinion changed quickly!!!! The fact is that Clinic #1 was my fault. My GP recommended Clinic #2 and I said no, I wanted Clinic #1. I've decided that she was 110% right last time so I should just go with her opinion this time. YES I'll be giving birth in the ghetto but maybe I need a wake-up call and should get off my high horse! I'm sure everything will be fine there.
I have an appointment with my GP again this afternoon. She's probably going to roll her eyes when she sees me but I can't deal with this. I'm going to settle all of the OB drama TODAY and move on. I had hoped to do it over the phone but I want to make sure my intentions are clear. I'm not going to that appointment on June 24th.
ugh, sorry to hear you are feeling so miserable. my RE swears tylenol is safe too, but, like you, i've only ever been able to take one at a time. ive had awful headaches throughout this pregnancy, so i've caved and done it multiple times.
ReplyDeletewhat a mess with your OB referral! glad to hear you are getting it straightened out and won't have to visit that horrid office!
{{{}}} I hope you're feeling better (physically and emotionally) soon. Being PG is definitely harder on all the systems than I thought it would be.
ReplyDeleteAt least you got the news on the new OB before you went in there. Hope you find someone great!
yuck! I'm sorry you're so miserable right now.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you found out about the OB before you had to learn from first hand experience.