Sunday, June 28, 2009

Pride... Pregnancy etc

Pride is in full swing in Toronto but we haven't really spent any time in the village. I guess it's a bit different for us because we LIVE in the middle of the celebration and our neighbourhood is fairly gay year round! We did meet up with some friends to say "hi" but we left after about 5 minutes. I am so over loud parties! I can't stand them at all. We didn't even make it to the Dyke March. Instead we were picking up our car (yipeee). The drive home was sweet.
In pregnancy news... I've been feeling y-u-c-k-y! I'm pretty sure people said I'd be feeling better by now! When is that going to happen? I'm not nearly as tired and the constant car sickness is gone but I'm throwing up so much! I'm guessing that the diclectin I've been taking has prevented me from being sick over the last couple of weeks. Well, I ran out and figured that I'd had "enough" so I didn't re-fill the prescription. That was a mistake! I've been sick so many times over the last few days. I picked up more on Friday! I hope it works because I'm starting to feel homesick in my own body. It's a very weird feeling not being able to control or make yourself feel better.
And.. I wasn't going to mention this but I have to get it off my chest. When am I going to stop feeling so jealous and bitter towards other pregnant women? One of my friends posted a picture of her and two other pregnant friends. I felt a huge pang of jealousy. Especially since they are all on #2. TTC is behind us for now but it isn't gone from our lives forever. We are about 2 years from TTC #2 and I'm so worried that we're going to go through the same pain again. I hate how it seems so easy for some people while others struggle so much.
Maybe once I'm big and round I'll feel like I've succeeded. Until then.. I'm jealous.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am with you in feeling out of my body. I am hoping that the next couple of weeks I start to turn around so I hope we are together in this! Feeling gross all of the time is no fun at all.

    ReplyDelete