Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Update

Thank you for your kind words.
I had a good appointment this afternoon and I'm relaxing with a nice big glass of watered down Pedialyte (which is repulsive) in an effort to re-hydrate. I was also given a prescription for Diclectin which I had from the clinic as well but never filled. My doc thinks my illness is not pregnancy related but a virus. The Diclectin should help with my vomiting and she said I'm FINE. I just need to take care of myself so I feel better.
There was also NO problem switching out my referral to avoid the scary OB. When I'm at my u/s next week I'm going to wander into the maternity ward at the hospital we'll use. I hope it doesn't scare me away because I'm not sure what we'd do then!
This all seems too real too soon and I'm getting nervous. I have 6 months to worry about hating the hospital!!
I think the reality of being pregnant has hit. After we're safely past the 3 month mark we're going to have to get on some wait lists for daycare. Isn't that NUTS? There is no relaxing when it comes to making babies!!!

2 comments:

  1. ugh, yeah pedialyte is SO gross. i had to drink it after my transfer and it was awful. after a couple of glasses, i quit and sent dp to the store for gatorade!

    glad to hear you got some drugs to stop the vomiting, hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I really gagged on the Orange Pedialyte but the Purple isn't nearly as bad. I wish I could have Gatorade but my Dr. said no because I can't have a lot of salt. Sigh.
    I'm feeling MUCH better though... so yay!

    ReplyDelete