I am so happy! We heard the heartbeat for the first time. 165 bpm!!!
Our OB is amazing. He is very friendly, talkative and he's openly Gay. It's awesome. I admit that I was not happy getting there because the clinic is in the bowels of the hospital but once inside it was fine. At one point we had the nurse, Dr. and a med student in the exam room with us. Talk about getting FULL attention! The appointment was also exactly on time. Overall the experience was great! We'll have our OB throughout the entire pregnancy but may have someone else at delivery. I'm going back in 2 weeks for 16 week blood work. I wouldn't normally have to but they didn't have the results from my First Trimester Screening and I mentioned the issue with the blood lab refusing my requisition. They agreed (Nurse and Doctor) that it would be best to do the extra tests just in case there was an issue. Sadly there won't be another u/s until 18 weeks. Darn it. I thought I had a loophole!
We're off to Doula Speed dating tonight!!!
congrats on hearing the heartbeat, isn't it amazing?!
ReplyDeleteyour OB sounds wonderful!
Congrats! How exciting to hear the heartbeat.
ReplyDeleteThanks! Hearing the heartbeat is just as amazing as having an ultrasound. I think I need a Doppler. lol
ReplyDeleteNice heartbeat, baby! Congrats!
ReplyDeleteHearing that heart beat for the first time is so memorable! I am excited for you guys!
ReplyDeletewow - things are going really well! a gay doctor and a fantastic heartbeat! congrats:)
ReplyDelete