Units became available today (they sent me an e-mail). I was so excited I replied back that I wanted 5 vials – we already have 1 in storage. Unfortunately they only have 1 washed unit available!! Damn it!!! I was assured that he is “still in the program” and more will become available. I’ll also stay at the top of the wait list.
I guess this is good news. I’m happy to hear our donor is still donating. I’m also happy that we now have 2 units available instead of just 1.
What does suck is that I’m already worrying about future TTC attempts when I’m still barely confident about being pregnant with #1! I realized this the other day as we were dreaming up future vacations (we’re on a vacation freeze this year as a new year’s resolution). I was thinking about summer 2 years from now and I realized with a good dose of terror that we’d likely be TTC again by then. Trust me -- I’m giving myself a good slap across the face for being so stupid. I feel blessed that we have so far been successful once and I need to RELAX and not think about anything else. The point of my ramble is that as I prepare for the future I wonder if I can even go through this again. Being pregnant does not take the pain away from what you’ve experienced. In fact, I think what I’ve experienced has taken the pleasure out of being pregnant.
Tomorrow is my 10 week scan and (FX) my graduation day from the clinic. Hopefully after this appointment I'll feel more confident and maybe even believe this is going to happen!!
Oh my gosh...I feel like I just wrote this. I am going through the same things...wondering about vials for the next round of ttc when I am still in shock that I am currently preggers. Isn't it all maddess!
ReplyDeletehm, now you've got me all freaked out about ordering more vials! wonder what dp will say if i come home from work and tell her i ordered more for baby #2?! :)
ReplyDeletegood luck at your scan this week.
This *is* madness! I agree!!!
ReplyDeleteAs far as pre-purchasing for #2 we decided to go ahead and store 6 vials (which I hope I can get).
If you're set on full bio siblings then I'd store in advance. We are willing to take the risk and know that we may not use any of it. It's all about peace of mind. You never know how you'll feel in the future and we do not want to close any doors.
S. --- Didn't want to freak you out!! Is your donor still on the list to buy? If he is then it probably isn't as urgent (as in buying today). Our donor was "sold out" in Canada and we've been wait-listed since April.
ReplyDelete