Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Meet Stanley

Meet Stanley, our new car. Named by D. She has a knack for naming things spontaneously and once it's out of her mouth I feel compelled to agree. I fear we're going to have a great list of baby names and then the baby will come out and D will proclaim them to be "Fred" or "Petunia". Uh oh... cause you know I'll say it was fate and that's what their name will have to be!

Here's Stanley:


I haven't actually seen or driven the car since we brought it home this weekend. I was planning on driving to work this week but then reality hit and I figured it was easier to take the subway (and cheaper). This is what I had long suspected when we'd discussed buying a car in the past. It will likely sit in our garage 5 days a week only to be used occasionally on weeknights but mostly on weekends. Of course things will change once we have a little one but for now Stanley can rest in the garage and wait for our weekend adventures this summer! We're actually off work after today until Monday so we'll have a lot of time to enjoy the car this week!

Anyway.. off to work and then my first OB appointment this afternoon at 2:00 pm. I can't wait!!

3 comments:

  1. Stanley is cute! Can't wait to hear about your OB appt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! Thanks for your advice; definitely will wait. After scrolling back to the beginning of your blog I realize what a newbie I truly am...It's a little terrifyiing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stanley is cute, isn't he? lol

    Keely - TTC is overwhelming but if you have knowledge and trust your body you have more power. I wish I'd known that in the beginning! I wasted a lot of time and money getting my BFP!

    ReplyDelete