Overall I found this ultrasound to be a bit more stressful. The good news is that the clinic I went to had a flat screen tv mounted specifically so the patient can watch the procedure. I was able to see EVERYTHING which of course made me panic! The baby wasn't moving a lot and the tech had a hard time getting the measurements she needed. She kept shaking my belly to get the baby to move around and it wouldn't. We did see some leg kicking/arm waving and at one point it looked like it had hiccups (is that possible at 12 weeks?). I'm pretty sure I saw the heartbeat was at 180bpm and the measurement was 5.63 cm crown to rump. This was the first ultrasound where I felt a bit giddy (between panic sweats). The baby LOOKS like a baby! Hopefully that magic day when I'm ready to chill out and believe this is REAL will come soon!
Here are a couple of pictures. The first is a giant poster on the side of the hospital we're using. I have my first OB appointment there on June 30th! The tall burgundy building is D's office tower. She has the most amazing view of the city (in my opinion it is better than the CN tower)!

The second is our 12 week picture.
what a great picture! look at that darlin' profile! :D
ReplyDeletecongrats on the great scan!
love the picture!
ReplyDeleteHave you done the Boy/Girl test yet that you bought a couple weeks ago?
ReplyDeleteNo, not yet. It hasn't arrived yet. I should follow-up to see when it was shipped!
ReplyDeletewhat a beautiful baby scan. isn't it amazing how complete they look that early. we did the gender test at 11 weeks ours said boy..i have a post about it.we will know in 3 days rather it was right or not. good luck!
ReplyDelete