I'm completely worn out. This is just dragging on and on. I've already finished almost 2 vials of puregon. That's $670 spent and another one is going to be purchased. It looks like I'll be spending $335 for only a few additional injections.
Right now I'm not pleased or confident with this cycle. I have 3 follicles but it looks like 1 is not keeping up. I can do that on clomid for $86 - just saying. Anyway, I just got a call from the clinic saying my LH is starting to rise and I need to go and pick up another drug to stop ovulation. Great, add another $90/day. I hate how our crappy insurance only covers $3000/lifetime. The money is draining quickley!
The plan WAS to do two injectable cycles but this is not what I had expected. I wanted more than two follicles to up my chances. I didn't think I'd be busting my ass like this for so little gain (none right now). Ultimately when I get my expected BFN from this cycle (yes, I'm feeling that negative) I will have to decide based on the amount of leftover meds if I'm going to try the same protocol again. Honestly I think I want to quit at this point. No more IUI. I have a lead on a KD and I may follow it. I know eveyone seems so against KDs but I want to try it before we move on to IVF. I don't want to put myself through something I may not need to and may not work. Afterall I have friends who had poor clinic experiences go on to quickly get pregnant with a KD. No intervention (meds etc.) required. Right about now that sounds perfect.
-- Post From My iPod Touch
I say follow the lead with the KD. IVF is not bad at all, just sayin', but might as well exhaust your options before you take the big step.
ReplyDeleteThought you'd like to know that the word verification for this comment is "pregammu". Perhaps you shouldn't be so negative about this cycle!
hehe.. I just got the word "bedyeboo" and it's 11:41 pm and I need to get up at 5:45am to go to the clinic. Hmmm... maybe blogger can offer advice and predict the future?
ReplyDelete