The insemination went really well on Thursday. We arrived at noon and were out by 12:40. The procedure was very informative. Dr. P explained everything she was doing and we were able to watch it on the u/s screen. It wasn't very dramatic as you can see from the following picture but it was cool when the sperm went in. You could see it sparkle on the screen and start to move around.
We had to go back in again Friday to check my estrogen levels to ensure it was going down. Dr. P also wanted to perform an additional u/s to confirm I'd ovulated. That was a little bit stressful but we saw that I had ovulated so that was good news!Overall this cycle was not what I expected but I'm not feeling as regretful as I was a few days ago. I wish I had more than 2 follicles but in the end I'm just happy that the timing was right. I'm also extremely pleased with how we've been treated. I firmly believe that had I started to ovulate at the old clinic they wouldn't have proactively called me in the same day to have the injection of Orgalutran. I also appreciate how Dr. P has listened to my concerns and corrected the errors from my last cycle. Specifically I wanted to take my Ovidrel injection no less than 24 hours prior to my IUI. I can tell they went out of their way to call me much earlier than normal to allow this. For the first time since we started this process I can imagine bringing our baby in or sending a photo to Dr. P to thank her for her help. Previously (old clinic) I considered a BFP my get out of jail free card and would never...ever... want to see the clinic and/or the doctor ever again.
I'm not excited about this cycle. I don't even plan on testing. I feel like I'm completely over that. After last cycle I've decided that I never want to see another BFN HPT....ever. We'll see how that goes since I'll admit I am a bit impulsive when it comes to POAS!
No comments:
Post a Comment