Thursday, February 22, 2007

So I had to fill out the paperwork for our appointment next week.
There was a blue form and a Pink form.

I felt like writing across - NO FERTILITY PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but that would be bad luck. There is no reason to assume I have a fertility problem other than the fact that my partner doesn't have a penis. So I don't want to go through medical assessment that makes it sound like I do have a problem.

I've also realized that I have no idea if my period is regular. I had to write "unsure". I honestly do not know. I did some tracking last summer and my period was a bit funky but for the past 16 years of menstruation I haven't given a second thought about when or when I have not had my period. I didn't think this was odd but on my subway ride home I was reading "Forever in Blue" (sisterhood of the traveling pants) and Tibby has a pregnancy scare where she exclaims she had been a virgin and therefore never cared about her period but now that she's had sex she needs to keep track. hmmm.. I suddenly got it. Birth control has never been an issue and getting pregnant has never been a concern. Hence the reason I have such a casual attitude towards my period. I guess it a lesbian perk?

1 comment: