Monday, June 20, 2011

Weekend(s) recap

I’m taking a break from the non-challenge to catch up on our "exciting lives". We’ve had a run of staying out too late and running around all weekend long. Weekends aren’t the same when you have a kid. There never seems to be enough time anymore but we try to get a lot done.
Last weekend (11/12) set us up to be tired (and sick) the rest of the week. On Thursday night we went to the NKOTBSB (I can see you laughing, except Shannon of course) concert in Toronto and then on Saturday night we saw Glee Live. I think in retrospect, if we had known Glee Live was coming we wouldn’t have purchased the NKOTBSB tickets. Unfortunately that wasn’t the case and we cautiously had to ask my mom if it was ok for her to baby-sit two late nights almost back to back. She agreed but it still felt wrong as we were doing it. She’s been a good sport about baby-sitting off-work hours but we don’t want to abuse it. Both shows were great!
For the Saturday show (Glee), we went in a bit early (around 4:30) to grab dinner and go shopping. We almost reverted to our old 20-something/pre-baby selves and hung out at the tour buses waiting for the cast. After being there for about 15 minutes we decided it wasn’t worth it. I can’t believe it! We gave up a celebrity stalking experience to go to Old Navy!??!What’s happening to us?? Are we “old” now?? It felt like it.
On top of this we still managed to have a full weekend with Sadie including The Little Gym, shopping and trips to the park. It was exhausting.
This weekend (18/19) was going to be a bit more relaxing since it was all about swimming (which Sadie LOVES). On Saturday we went to a BBQ/pool party. The pool water was so warm thanks to solar panel heating (I wish my dad would invest in that!) and my friend’s back yard was nicely shaded. I love swimming outside but keeping out of the sun is always an issue. I was very happy.
Unfortunately, Sadie was an insane toddler. She wanted in the pool, she wanted out of the pool, she wanted to chase the dog, and chase the dog and chase the dog and go back in the pool, with the dog. When she didn’t get what she wanted she’d cry a sad cry that made everyone ask what was wrong. I was essentially run off my ass the entire time. Socializing is hard when you have a baby and extra hard when there is a gigantic temptation taking up 80% of the backyard!! Oy vey. I fell sound asleep at 7:00 pm I was so tired!
On Sunday, after seeing how well Sadie slept on Saturday (very very well), we decided to check out the pool where Sadie will start swimming lessons this week. We lasted over an hour in the pool with our crazy daredevil child. Does anyone else have a fearless kid? Sadie was having a blast jumping off her floatie (giant foam butterfly) into the water. She LOVED sinking to the bottom. Of course that only happened twice when our guards were down. The rest of the time we were able to catch her before she made it too far and as soon as we get to NY she'll have her new puddle jumper (like water wings). She’s going to give her Momma a heart attack!
This coming weekend we’re going to Canada’s Wonderland (like 6 flags) and the next weekend we’re going to Sesame Place followed by a week on Long Island visiting Sadie's BFF Ryan and his awesome moms. I have to admit that I am very nervous to see what travel with an 18 month old is going to be like!!


Pictures of Sadie:

Sitting and reading a book while we make dinner.

Picking flowers (yes, that’s a RL polo shirt but I got it on sale, new, for $9.99 so it doesn’t count as expensive)


3 comments:

  1. Sounds crazy busy. Kind of like how we roll. Except for the nights out without kids...not enough of those. They're fun, aren't they?

    Jackson is fearless in the water. Riley is more cautious. Fearless makes me nervous because it can be bad if you're not watching them closely.

    Our pool isn't heated. We need to get solar heating but we have to re-do our roof first (no point in putting them up there to take them down in a year). I can't wait. Our pool can be quite cold some days.

    Cute pics. She's getting so big.

    Sesame Place is fun--lots of water there so she'll be in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you guys are busy. You know you loved the NKOTB show and you were glad you went even if you did go to Glee too. :)

    Ian is fearless in the water. It was a nightmare when we took him swimming last month. He was crazy and he also went under a few times when we let our guard down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to Sesame Place? I have always wanted to go there. Please post pics!

    Sadie will give you a heart attack, but she will learn to swim quickly. Good luck with that!

    ReplyDelete