Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day 5: Birthdays

What do I like to do on my birthday?

Tough question. I am sooooo in the doghouse for D's birthday this year and I'm going to get in trouble for this.
I'm not a fan of Birthday celebrations and D loves them. Her Birthday is in the dead of winter and mine is in the middle of spring. This has resulted in several great birthdays for me (Walt Disney World, NYC, Disney Cruise, Miami, Montreal) because my Birthday is during a great week to travel (IMO). D is generally furious that I won't fly so we can go away for hers and I've done a great job of screwing it up year after year.
The reason I'm in trouble this year:
5 years ago when I didn't take D to Las Vegas for her 30th Birthday (we went to NYC) I promised her we'd go for her 35th.
We didn't...
.....and I went to bed before we had cake so she ate it alone.
Yes, I'm a terrible wife. Terrible.
Next year we're thinking about going to Puerto Rico so hopefully she can get an awesome birthday away. Your 36th Birthday is exciting too, right?
For Sadie, I'm looking forward to when she has her own little friends and then we'll do big friend parties where we'll present her with Pink Hummer Power Wheels. It's going to be awesome! I'm already planning her Bat Mitzvah, QuinceaƱera and SUPER Sweet Sixteen parties. (;

On the topic of celebrations, remember my "friends" baby shower where my "friends" all gave lame ass excuses to not attend and shipped gifts instead?

If you watch Modern Family:

"Cam: There’s nothing gays hate more than when people

Both: treat us like women.

Cam: We’re not. We don’t wanna go to your baby shower; We don’t have a time of the month; We don’t love pink."

Oops. Maybe that's why they didn't come?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment