I'm wasn't sure if I was going to write this or how I would make it sound less pathetic. I'll skip right to the end:
I spent my final exams before graduation running like a wild child through Manhattan, racking up credit card debt, accepting nightly accomodations with people I barely knew and trying to find under the table work.
My parents were SO proud that I had to pay ALL of the tuition I'd wasted.
When my credit cards finally gave up I had no choice but to go home and face the fact that I had essentially dropped out of school.
Do I regret it? Not really.
Has it impacted where I am now? I honestly doubt it because I'm not doing anything near what I was studying. Who knows? I just hope Sadie learns from my mistakes.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
We were all foolish at some point in our lives. We learn as we age and hopefully those foolish things make good stories. I find this interesting rather than pathetic. :)
ReplyDeleteI really think kids should have to take a year or two off between high school and college. I wasn't ready for college at all, and got far less out of my really expensive education than I should have.
ReplyDelete