I know this isn't "end of the world" but I have Pink Eye and I just woke up to my second eye being infected.
I'm upset by it because we are going away Thursday and now I'm a complete mess. Further, everything I'm reading says days 5-7 are the worst and that is when we're going to be at Sesame Place. Parent's are going to love seeing me at the park!
I'm praying Sadie doesn't catch it too but it seems impossible that she won't. I mean, she sleeps 2 inches from my face. I've been trying to get her to NOT touch my eyes but it's pretty hard. She's going to get it and then we're really screwed.
D has had Pink Eye as an adult and it seemed to clear up quickley but this is VIRAL so no antibiotic drops for me! Online it says it can take a month to clear up? WTF???
What am I going to do? The trip is NOT refundable. We have prepaid A LOT of money ($600 for hotel in NYC, alone).
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Relax. You can go places with Pink Eye and it will start feeling better. She might not get it--I had it on mat leave with Jackson who coslept and breastfed and he did not get it. It will probably just go away. You can still go on your trip and perfect thing is it's summer and outdoors at Sesame Place so you can wear sunglasses!!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Stacey--relax. We both had pink eye in our house and we were able to keep our son from getting it. It just takes a lot of hand washing and making sure Sadie doesn't touch your eyes--I know harder said than done. If my son touched my face when I had it I just made sure to wash his hands immediately.
ReplyDeleteAnd agree with the sunglasses comment...perfect disguise if you feel you need it!
Thanks ladies! When I woke up this morning my right eye didn't look pink like it did in the middle of the night which has my panic level down A LOT. I don't feel like it's
ReplyDeletespreading!!
I really hope Sadie doesn't get it. I know it's not a huge
deal but she'll give it to our friend's LO. My biggest obstical over the last 48 hours has been her wanting to twirl my hair and touching my face/eyes.