Parade: We went to our Santa Claus parade this weekend and it was awesome. It was community based but not amateurish at all. I loved how the high schools had floats and even marching bands (which are not as common for schools here).
I had to laugh a bit at the obvious money spent when planes flew overhead in Christmas Tree formation several times. It was impressive but OMG how much would THAT cost?
MIL rant: D thought I made it sound like her mom treated Sadie differently because she has 2 moms. It's not that. It's that D's mom thrives on being needed and we don't "need" her. My BIL on the otherhand is 100% needy (and stupid) with 4 children under 5 years old. Therefore on the scale of neediness, he wins hands down. He also uses his at every opportunity. I mean, she has one of his kids overnight almost daily.
We're seeing her this weekend. I'm a bit concerned that she may give us Christmas presents. If she does that (indicting she won't see us again), I'll be really pissed off.
Thomas the Tank - Sadie LOVES Thomas. She had a complete meltdown today when I pulled her away from the Thomas table at our local toy store. It was really embarassing. The tears/screams were pretty much the same as a really good head wonk. People were staring and I had to explain it was just the trains and not a physical injury.
Does this mean she's spoiled? Are other LO's pulling this crap too? O. M. G.
Glee - I posted on FB that I thought tonight's Glee episode sucked only to see others raving. I'm not going to post spoilers so I won't say much. I think the message in the show was a good one but the delivery along side a silly storyline ruined it. Basically, IMO, Glee has totally sold out, has shitty writers and doesn't have a consistant story arc. Oh and I can't stand Lea Michele's bangs.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Haven't watched "Glee" yet but it's definitely sucking this season. It was so much better last season.
ReplyDeleteChild meltdowns in the store? Every parent's been there so don't worry. It doesn't mean your child is spoiled. Children just don't like hearing "no" when they want something. ;) Riley loved those trains in the store. I used to say (when she was little and sometimes even now) we need to leave those trains with his friends and we will come back and visit. Or I'd drag her screaming out of the store.
I get the difference in the relationship with the MIL but I still think she should offer up more visits, even if it's not so she's needed to watch Sadie but at least visit with her. There's a difference in feeling needed to do things like watch the kids and being wanted to visit because you're family. I still think it's lousy how she's not given much time...
Glad the parade was fun!! Hope it wasn't too cold--Sunday was freezing so I'm glad we didn't do the Toronto parade!!!
No, she's not spoiled at all. It's a totally normal developmental milestone to protest when toys are taken away. Our doctor even asked us about if our kids did it at a certain point! So don't worry. Anyone who has ever had a kid can relate. People were probably looking at you with sympathy. :)
ReplyDeleteI think your MIL should still visit more and be able to say to your BIL, I'm not available on this day because I'm going to visit Sadie. Maybe she feels like she doesn't have a choice because his family needs her more, but still.
台灣辣妹視訊聊天室-一對多聊天室福利
ReplyDelete成人視訊-午夜激情直播間
性愛視訊-午夜視頻聊天軟件
85街-裸體美女視頻(無內褲)
85街論壇85st-色情真人秀場聊天室
85街免費影片收看-大尺度真人秀場聊天室
85街官網-視頻啪啪免費聊天室
85街官網st論壇-能看啪啪真人聊天室
85街官網免費影片新版-真愛旅舍ut聊天室
打飛機專用網-免費真人秀視頻聊天室