Friday, November 19, 2010

Mini MIL Rant

I'm annoyed because:
-MIL hasn't seen Sadie since June.
-The last couple of times she has seen her were when D was at work
-She FINALLY is getting around to wanting to see Sadie and she wants to come on a weekday
-D said this was OK without asking me first and she'll be at work

Sorry, but I do not want to get stuck with my MIL ALONE a third time. Nope. Not going to do it. I think it's only fair that D be home since it's HER mother!!
The reason she'll only come on weekdays is because she spends weekends (every single one) with my BIL's kids. I think it's time she shares a weekend for the grand daughter she hasn't seen in 5 months. Don't you think?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. Oh so not fun. And so not fair. And SO not ok! Yes, you and D and Sadie deserve a freaking weekend once or twice a year! But I know how hard these dynamics can be. Good to get on the same page with D and approach it together. The holidays are coming, and things only get more intense!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not cool. Why do families have to create so much drama? I am guessing that D and MIL are not close? I feel the same way about my dad and step-mom... The only times they have seen chunk are at big gatherings and my dad has only since chunk once since June... How can grandparents do that to their grandkids! I agree, you deserve a weekend and D should be there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, not right. And does this mean that D hasn't visited with her at all? I also agree that they can't be very close. I also think that weekdays are hectic and a weekend is a better time to visit. She deserves the same amount of quality grandma time as her cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I was D I would be really hurt that my mom was spending so much time with my brother's kids and not mine. I agree, she should visit at a time when you can all be there have a nice visit together.

    ReplyDelete