Although I would say that my pregnancy (so far) has been better than I ever would have expected, the one thing that has been bad has been my anxiety and paranoia. I know that a lot of this is hormonal but I also blame our TTC journey. I had an OB appointment yesterday and I discussed this with my doctor. I told him that I feel like “this is our only chance” and those feelings have only multiplied since finding out we’re having a girl. He said I’m completely normal and that many women go through this.
My problem is that I skip like a broken record when I get onto something that is bugging me. One of those things was our ultrasound tech at our 20 week scan and how she said she was only 70% positive we’re having a girl. At the time we were positive we saw “girl bits” and were satisfied. That was until someone posted on BBC that their “girl” was actually a “boy”. I knew this was a possibility because I know someone IRL that had a surprise boy. Queue the broken record… I got it into my head that Sadie may not be a Sadie!!
Honestly, in the grand scheme of things, this is the pettiest worry I’ve had. I will not offer up any of the panic-inducing medical scenarios I come up with just in case someone is reading that is like me and will go off worrying too. The fact is, those worries are not worthy of the time it would take to explain them. I know I’m crazy.
Anyway, I want a second opinion regarding the sex and I don’t want to wait until my 3D ultrasound in October. My reason for this is that I do not want to ruin our 3D ultrasound by being upset by a surprise if there was one. I want to enjoy it as a bonding experience between us and the baby so I’ve booked a gender determination ultrasound for tonight. It’s going to be $65 to clear my mind of a worry that I do need not to carry with me for the next month. Of course the first person I told this to turned to me and said that “ultrasounds aren’t safe”. Sigh. LIKE I NEEDED THAT!
Some may think I’m stupid for doing this but I never could have imagined how intense my feelings are for our baby. I don’t care if she is actually a he but it DOES mean something when you are falling in love and calling them by their name. I love Sadie so much and I’m not up for surprises at this point.
FX.
I understand completely where your coming from. j and i use to worry about that all the time. I'm glad your getting another gender scan so you don't have to worry about this. our tech told us she was over 90% sure it was a girl..if she would have said 70% i would be right along with you requesting another gender scan. luckily tomorrow we get our 4d scan so we can get another peek at kayden's parts. good luck and let us know how it turns out!
ReplyDeleteD thinks I've lost my mind but it's just one of those things I need to know. I'm about to leave and should know soon!
ReplyDeleteYou're not crazy. $65 is not a lot to spend to be able to relax about things. Can't wait to hear all about it!
ReplyDelete$65 after all you have spent on ttc is a drop in the bucket, really. And it is totally worth it to know for sure. Less stress and anxiety for you means less of it for Sadie too. Sorry. Don't let that cause you more stress... I can't wait to hear how it went!
ReplyDeletei totally have the same worry! ill keep fingers crossed for you that "sadie" stays "sadie"!
ReplyDeletethanks everyone! Sadie is in fact a Sadie... it's very reassuring!
ReplyDelete