Monday, September 21, 2009

100 days to go!!!!

Tomorrow I will be at double digits!!! Very exciting!!

What isn't as exciting is JURY DUTY. It sucked.
I thought I had an idea of what to expect based on D's experience in the spring but it didn't play out the same way today. Rather than starting the day in the jury lounge we were taken directly to the court room. Between 9:00 am and 1:00 pm we were not allowed to talk, eat, drink, chew gum, or entertain ourselves in any way. It was brutal! The judge was not hearing excuses until you were before her so I have not had an opportunity to be dismissed. Instead, we were split into groups of 20 and asked to return at a specific time. That is pretty much all that happened today since our Jury panel consisted of 400 potential jurors and my name was not called until 3:00 pm!!! My time to return for the selection process is Wednesday morning.
I'm hoping that I will not make it in front of the judge but I'm not sure if that will be the case. The process was slow and the defense seemed to be extremely critical of the jurors as they were called forward to join their panels. My guess is that it will take a long time to agree on the 12 jurors.
Overall the experience was boring and I was starving but it did have some interesting points too. The accused was in the courtroom the entire time and I ended up sitting behind her family. I was able to hear discussion between the family and her lawyer as he explained what was happening and how the court day worked. I felt so awful for them. It must be so difficult to be there for their daughter's first degree murder trial.
So I'm back again on Wednesday and hopefully that is it! I certainly hope this is considered my duty and I'm off the hook for 3 years (just in time, hopefully for my next pregnancy).


8 comments:

  1. happy double digits!! :)

    hope weds morning goes smoothly and they let you out early. what a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo for the 100 day mark!! Isn't it soo exciting?!?!?

    It sounds like jury duty was PAINFUL.. ugh! How can they have a preggo woman sit for so many hours without water!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, soon you'll be less than 100 days. So exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yikes! i agree ..how do they tell a pregnant women she can't eat, drink or PEE! When your down to 100 days it goes by so fast. Then when you get around to the last 60 something days..its so sLoW!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a plan for Wednesday. I'm going to sneak out to pee as often as I need but I'm really going to be sneaking water and food out with me and I'm going to snack in the restroom. I didn't have a plan yesterday because I had no idea they'd hold us hostage for so long!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. snacks+jury duty=good idea. Congrats on 100 days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes, I hope you don't get stuck at jury duty for such a long time on Wednesday!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and giving me the helpful tips on metformin. I was going crazy for some carbs!

    ReplyDelete