I’m very happy with our purchase but I have to admit I’m a bit disappointed that we did not stick to our original intention to “keep things simple and inexpensive”. We tried, honestly we did. We looked at several options such as not buying a full size crib and getting a mini-crib, buying a cradle, using my co-workers crib (free), or buying the Gulliver crib from Ikea ($159). In the end none of the above seemed to work due to the size of the two rooms we’re working with so we folded and bought the Stokke Sleepi System. We’d been eyeing it for a long time but thought it was excessive. After really thinking about those options we decided that although it was pricey, which it was, it did meet our needs perfectly as an urban family in a small living space.
We’ll start out with the Mini in our room (0-6 months) and then move it into her own room as the full size crib. It also converts to a Toddler and junior bed. The full size crib is MUCH smaller than your average crib. It will give us more space in the room and I can’t say enough how much we desperately need space! In fact, it is small enough to fit through our door frame and it has wheels. That means that when we have guests we could move the crib into our room for the night and they could use the baby’s room (we’re going to buy an inflatable bed). That is a nice touch. I wasn’t looking forward to having guests sleep on our living room floor and now that we do not have Frank (RIP), with his razor sharp nails, an inflatable bed could actually work.
All we have to do now is clear out the room! That will include returning our crib set and sheets we’ve already purchased since the Sleepi is round/oval. We’ll use that money to buy a few Sleepi sheets.
I hope having the crib will be our incentive to get moving because I can’t wait to see the room completed.
Pictures (we bought the crib in white without the canopy):


love the crib!! LOVE it! :)
ReplyDeleteI have drooled over that crib myself. So awesome!
ReplyDeletethat is a amazing crib. we looked at that one also. nice choice.
ReplyDeletewant.it.now!
ReplyDeleteso cute!
That is the coolest crib I've ever seen!
ReplyDeletelove it! that's great that it'll work so well in your space. sometimes you have to splurge for nice things. :)
ReplyDeleteLove, love, love that crib. I'm so jealous!
ReplyDelete