We've been away on vacation over the last few days (more on that later - too tired now). I need to catch up on reading and commenting!!
Thank you to everyone for your congratulations.... we're so excited to be having a little girl!! It's taken a few days to register after waiting so long and I'm still in a bit of a daze wondering "what's next"? We've made it through some significant pregnancy milestones but this seems like the biggest one. That said, I had a big OMG moment on Tuesday! It feels like all that's left is having the baby!!
We've decided we're going to book the 3D/4D ultrasound package that comes with 2 sessions. I'm aiming to book the first at 24 weeks and the second at 28 weeks. We're hoping this gives us smaller goals to work towards since our 20 week ultrasound may have been our last with our OB (I hope that is the case and everything is smooth sailing).
As for the reaction from our parents and family....
My mom sounded disappointed which surprised me! She said she was hoping for a boy because we only have girls in our family (which is true, I guess). Oh well, tough luck. My dad and my step-mom were both thrilled but it did take my brother a groan and a long pause before saying "cooooool". I guess he was hoping for a nephew! Overall I think my step-mom is the most excited. I bet she wanted a girl when they had my brother lol.... she's been with my dad since I was 3 years old but it's been a long time since she's been able to spoil a little one other than my brother!
D's mom is also very excited but I can honestly say that she's the most accepting person I've ever met. Boy/Girl she wouldn't care. Although this does balance out the grandchildren to 2 girls and 3 boys!
It's been an exciting week and to top it off we're finally enjoying what could be described as "summer". So far August has been very good to us!!
No comments:
Post a Comment