Thursday, August 27, 2009

Before

I'm posting a "before" picture of Sadie's room in an effort to motivate myself towards there being an "after" picture. D will probably kill me when she sees our messy room posted on the internet... this is a drastic measure!
As you can see the room is a bit, well, full. We're getting rid of the dresser and couch and the scary pile of stuff is currently TBD. A lot of it is toys from taking care of our nephews and neice and stuff that we brought from our childhood. There is a fairly impressive pile of Disney VHS tapes in there somewhere. I'm not sure what we're going to do with those since we've donated our VCR to goodwill already!
You'll see that Sadie already has TWO Cabbage Patch kids.... however for the record... the American Girl in the upper left hand corner is MINE and I'm not sharing. Sadie will have to get her own!
SOS - we have A LOT of work to do!!

8 comments:

  1. good luck.

    i say ditch the vhs tapes. they're on dvd and you're never going to play vhs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. riley had a cabbage patch doll before she was born too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll donate them. I'm sure someone still has a VHS player... possibly... lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. you should donate for sure. "pack rats" like myself still own and use vcr and vhs. :O. reading this post actually reminded me of tons of cleaning out dp and i have to do before k gets here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You already have two cabbage patches in boxes!?!?!?!? We still have VHS tapes as well, many are Disney, and I can't get myself to give them away. We do still have a VCR that is no longer hooked up though, but I am now picturing it in a toy corner and if a slice of cheese gets inserted into it by munchkin, oh well! We are working on munchkin's room over Labor Day weekend, so I have been very motivated to get it empty. It, as well as the room's closet, are no longer cluttered and it is such a good feeling. Once you get crackin', you will be so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Re: the two Cabbage Patch Kids. Walmart had them on Sale for $15 so my aunt bought me one for the baby and I had bought one last December because I couldn't resist. They even smell like 1984..

    ReplyDelete
  7. our spare room looked just like that before we started setting up for baby! its such a chore to rearrange "stuff" and clear clutter. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the room! That picture is bringing back bad memories of rooms in our house before our kids were born! :) The "after" picture is very rewarding though!

    ReplyDelete