Thursday, August 6, 2009

Anatomy Scan on August 11th!!

In less than a week we should know the sex of our baby and I can hardly wait. It’s all I can think about!!! I can’t wait to see “her” again so that I know everything is going to be ok…. because yes, I’m still nervous! I’m also nervous about finding out that “she” is actually a “he” which at this point I bet will happen! Ironically (I love irony), I went into this wanting a boy and when people kept saying “girl” and intelligender said “girl”, I started to buy into it. Clearly I’ve ignored the warning on the Intelligender box that said not to invest “emotionally or financially” in the results. Seriously, that’s a lot harder to do than you’d think! So this is a warning to those TTC and earlier in pregnancy: I think it is a big mistake to do what we’ve done. About a month ago we started referring to the baby by name. A non-gender neutral “girl” name. Therefore I have become extremely attached to a little girl that may not be in there!! Oh crap! Our little boy is going to have a girl’s name (just kidding)!
The good news is that we haven’t bought anything pink and all of the clothing we’ve bought has been gender neutral or for a boy. Even the bedding we’ve bought (I’ll post pictures once we have the room set-up) is very neutral.
The end of this ramble is that I can’t wait. I need to know right now! I hope the baby isn’t shy on the 11th because I’ll be frantic. We’ll be booking a 3D/4D ultrasound at the earliest available appointment to find out otherwise!!

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to know. I was supposed to go on the 17th, but had to change it to the 20th, so I still have 2 weeks! I will live through you next week. We can't even decide on a name for either gender, hence the munchkin, which we will probably still call it once s/he is here. I am so excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've had our girl name for years and still like it. We'll be in trouble if it's a boy because we can't agree on a name.
    I'm seriously losing sleep over not knowing!! lol The wait was ok until this week... now I'm going bonkers!

    ReplyDelete