First up was my father's house for his annual Christmas Eve open house. We spent the evening with family and friends and Sadie was spolied by our extended family.
She received the following "awesomely" pink outfit from my cousin. I wonder what will happen if she has a girl? I'm afraid!?
This photo doesn't show the true awesomeness of the faux fur trimmed hood:
Sadie about to make R cry:
Runaway elf:
Our first real Christmas tree (next year our goal is to find one that doesn't look as artificial!):
Sleepy head woke up at 8:30 and made everyone wait for her! Once up she had fun opening more presents.
Ooooh a teddy bear from FAO!
When I was a kid I always wanted to watch the Walt Disney World Christmas Day parade but my dad picked me up at noon. I missed it every year! It's basically an infomercial for the parks, resorts and cruise ships but it's still fun to watch.
Sadie watching the Christmas Parade:
Ooooh a teddy bear from FAO!
Sadie watching the Christmas Parade:
Eating Christmas Dinner: (actually, throwing turkey on the floor for the dog to eat and then crying about it when we said "No!")

On Boxing day we went back to visit family to open MORE presents. First stop was Grandmama's apartment and Sadie got to meet her cousin for the first time. Apparently it took 2 years before the "you're never allowed to see my kids ever again" threat ended. Either that our BIL was too lazy to come and pick him up before we got there. It was very weird seeing him. He's grown up a lot and he talks so much. He's a KID and the last time we saw him he wasn't 3 yet and he was still very baby like. He talked a mile a minute and was running all over the place. When we left he asked us "Next time can you bring a different baby?". I guess since BIL only drops one of his kids off at a time he assumed we also have a stash at home???
Following the trip to Grandmama's we went to my dad's house again. We came home with so many toys. A bunch of stupid happened while at my dads and I left with my brother crying in his bedroom because I told him off. I'm not going to get into it now because it's worthy of another post which I'll write in the new year --- when I have more time to blog. (;
On Boxing day we went back to visit family to open MORE presents. First stop was Grandmama's apartment and Sadie got to meet her cousin for the first time. Apparently it took 2 years before the "you're never allowed to see my kids ever again" threat ended. Either that our BIL was too lazy to come and pick him up before we got there. It was very weird seeing him. He's grown up a lot and he talks so much. He's a KID and the last time we saw him he wasn't 3 yet and he was still very baby like. He talked a mile a minute and was running all over the place. When we left he asked us "Next time can you bring a different baby?". I guess since BIL only drops one of his kids off at a time he assumed we also have a stash at home???
Sadie and her cousin:
ANYWAY...Sadie and I wore matching outfits and I didn't even notice until I saw this picture:
And this is what our living room looks like and Sadie is about to get MORE for her bday. We may need to be re-zoned as a commercial property to open a toy store.
Spoiled baby:
Can't wait for Sadie's birthday!! The fun starts tomorrow!!


She looks like such a big girl in that last picture. The time goes by much too fast!
ReplyDeleteSo fun! I hear you on the toy store and organizing- that was my postfrom yesterday! Ok, I have to say it- wanna grab me another kid from your stash!? That is the funniest and creepest thing ever for a kid to say!
ReplyDeletethis was such a fun post to read - thanks for sharing your holiday! the pics were great too, sadie looks so grown up!
ReplyDeleteGlad she had a great Christmas. Happy 1st birthday!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI agree, strange thing for your nephew to say. How are they doing? Must have been weird to see him.
Great pics! Looks like a fun first Christmas.
ReplyDelete