I'm a hypocrite. While sick, I went to 2 Christmas parties. Pretty bad, don't you think?
I did it because these were D's work parties. She gets so little recognition as a mom at work that I felt awful denying her the chance to show of her daughter/family.
The first party (when I was just starting to feel sick) was Friday night at D's office in Downtown Toronto. It was a cute little event with a Santa, food and a craft. We were able to get a family portrait done and Sadie got really close to Santa before she started screaming.
The absolute highlight of the evening was D's co-worker who showed up with his wife and son in matching outfits!! His wife wore a sweater dress (super short) with argyle tights, he was in grey pinstripe pants, a white oxford and an argyle sweater vest. They're LO was in an identical outfit to his. IDENTICAL. I mean to say, it was essentially American Girl for a 30 year old man. American Dork, perhaps? I wish we'd taken a picture. (;
I was lucky to have Saturday free to suffer before going back into Toronto for the big corporate party. I was feeling better, and I was well drugged.
I insisted we drive. Had we taken the train the trip would have been free (2 can ride for 1 with monthly pass on weekends) but I sooo wasn't into that. We took the train Friday night and it felt like enough for the rest of the year.
When we got there my first reaction was that the party was the tackiest thing I had ever seen in my life. There were over 20 gigantic bounce castle things, rides, carnies, and really scary looking costumed characters. You can thank Disney for making me completely jaded. It's their fault for setting impossibly high standards.
I had to be reminded that from a kids POV it was really cool and that's what it was all about. I'm sure within the next couple of years Sadie will really have fun (I still think it was tacky).
I was also able tackle the TV bench which I had put together incorrectly. The fix wasn't nearly as hard as I had expected and it is now fully assembled. It looks great and I can't wait to put the matching shelves together. Unfortunately I am still sick and feel pretty crappy. I'm just trying to ignore it!
In other news:
-Sadie wonked her face into our headboard and has a black eye!!! I'm happy that Christmas is still a couple of weeks away and that parties and Santa pictures have already taken place.
-My mom has officially moved in after packing up her house on the weekend. Her house sold on the second accepted offer (first fell through) for 80% of the original asking price. I'm so glad that is over with and I think we're incredibly lucky it sold. Some houses in that marker stay for sale for YEARS.
-I also think I have D's bday surprise settled but I may need the help of a fellow blogger for some advice. A facebook message will be on it's way!
- I am suspicious of silence. My highschool BFF had her baby on the weekend and I had a feeling because she wasn't on FB. Her husband was pratically live blogging it but I'm not one if his friends. So I wonder if a baby has been born?
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Kids adore tacky.
ReplyDeleteSounds like they had a lot of cool parties going on. Sorry you were sick.
Glad your mom's house sold!!
So 2 can ride with the monthly pass? We're seeing "The Grinch" this weekend and I'm thinking we might take the train...I have a monthly pass.
Yes. On Weekends and Stat holidays your companion rides free if you have a monthly pass.
ReplyDeleteGood to know. I couldn't find that on their website... Cool. Cheaper than parking and gas...
ReplyDelete