I don't want to go back to work. Period.
I've been telling people I'm looking forward to it but that's such a complete and total lie.
I really used to love my job but now I can't imagine giving a flying fuck about any of it.
Will I fit back in or will I always feel like I'd rather be somewhere else?
Stay away January 4th. I hate you.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
You know what, I think I fully agree. I don't think there is a time where it wouldn't be hard but you don't pull
ReplyDeletea bandaid off slowly.
The transition will be hard, for sure. But once you adjust, you may find that you enjoy having that part of your life back.
ReplyDeleteKim didn't enjoy maternity leave and it was still hard for her to go back to work and leave the kids. But she's just not interested in staying home with the kids full-time. I, on the other hand, would probably like it but it's not an option for us financially. If we are lucky enough to have a third baby, I'll get to experience mat leave and I'm looking forward to it and I'm already wondering if I can work out some part-time schedule after mat leave is over. :)
i still want to be home, but it does get easier. not "easy", just easier. sending you big hugs ((()))
ReplyDelete[and im so jealous of your leave. so, so, so jealous]
I agree with others. It really isn't that bad being at work. You kind of enjoy a bit of time away from your kid(s) because you get to exercise your brain, have lunch with friends, etc. It is a nice break. And the pay beats not having a job. :P You will adjust and trust me, Sadie will too. I think our kids love having time to play with other kids and do activities. Yes, there are days you'll wish you could be home but others where you're glad you're not. Hang in there.
ReplyDelete