Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Vacation Time!

It's that time of the year (for us) to start thinking about vacations for next year. The past two years have been pretty slow so I think we're due for some new adventures.
I have 7 weeks next year because you still earn vacation while on parental/mat leave (I know I'm getting evil glares right now). 3 weeks are from '10, 2 of which are unpaid, and 4 weeks are my regular vacation entitlement for '11.
Since D is turning 35 in January I am in charge of surprising her with a trip. The problem is that her birthday is in JANUARY and I do not fly. So it looks like we may be going to Niagara falls unless I can get over my fear!!

Places we're "thinking about" for 2011:
1) If I could get my ass on a plane, we really want to go to Puerto Rico.
2) Norwegian Gem, departing from NYC, 9 day cruise --- it goes to San Juan but only for a few hours!
3) Walt Disney World -- of course. We haven't been since my 30th birthday in '08 and we want to go again soon.
4) Sesame Place/Philadelphia/Washington Road Trip
5) Boston/Family Week in Provincetown Road Trip
6) North Carolina (friend has a vacation house in Calabash)

My vote goes to 2, 4 and 6... I hope Sadie is ready for some crazy Road Trips!

5 comments:

  1. Why are you scared of flying?? It's so much fun!! What are the other ports for that cruise, that is always a fun way to spend your birthday!

    Of course you can always come here!! (...or close to here!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so afraid to fly... but I love planes. Go figure. I think it's a control issue. If I was flying the plane I'd be OK! LOL One day soon....

    The ports are San Juan, St Maarten, St. Thomas and Tortola. I think we'd go in May

    And we're not forgetting you guys (: NY is the unspoken yearly destination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sesame Place is great for little ones. We did that with Riley and she loved it. They have a lot of little kid rides, breakfast/dinner with your favourite characters and Elmo's World live. Totally fun and driving distance...although we flew.

    A cruise sounds nice.

    Another place I'd like to go that is driving distance is Province Town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ***jealous daggers***

    The cruise sounds lovely & indulgent...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm afraid of flying too but I do it anyway because I don't want it to stop me from seeing places I want to see. I take Gravol before I fly and it helps calm me down. Kim makes fun of me because every noise I hear, I'm like, "Oh my god, what was that??" LOL.

    ReplyDelete