I need help. Our renovations ended mid-November. We've been trying to pull things together but with an 11 month old, it's difficult.
Last weekend we went out and bought a bunch of stuff at Ikea. 16 boxes worth. Everything, of course, requiring assembly.
Honestly, I'd hoped we could have avoided it but with the amount we spent on renovating, and with having LO's around, we decided Ikea was good enough for now. We'll replace stuff as we go.
I've already assembled our guest bed, kitchen table and 2 chairs. The bed took about 5 hours and was one of the most complicated pieces of furniture I've ever had to assmble (Hemnes day bed that turns into a queen). The TV bench is half done but I've made a tragic error that will require major undoing to fix. I wanted to cry. Next up, the dining room table with 4 chairs and a desk with bench seat. We also have 4 bookshelf units (2 Billy, 2 Hemnes) but I'm going to wait until after Christmas because I'm not looking forward to anchoring them to the wall.
We've also started to paint and the main part of the house is almost done. Sadie's bedroom (aka playroom) has become a dumping ground once again. This time for painting supplies and the aforementioned Ikea boxes. The only amount of progress I've made in her room was the removal of the ugliest glass bi-fold doors I have ever seen in my life. Imagine frosted mirror, 80's/Asian inspired. We've purchased new bi-folds to replace them. Add another thing to my list of things to do because I'm the "handy" one. Also add installing a second baby gate and securing all of our drawers and cupboards. Sadie has already pinched her
Fingers a couple of times!
ALSO... Our Christmas tree, purchased LAST Friday, is still sitting on our back deck. I'm slightly worried we've killed it but it was only $20 so I'm not too concerned. This is our first *real* tree. I fought long and hard over this. I didn't want our 7 foot artifical near Sadie because if a cat can bring it down, a twaddler can too!
Do you believe me that I need help? I really wanted all of this done BEFORE Christmas!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Sounds like a lot to do!!! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI hate when I make a mistake on an Ikea assembly and to fix it you have to take apart a lot of work!
We have our guest bed from there and I recall it being a PITA to put together.
I'm on my way! I'm a champion Ikea-furniture-putter-together. :)
ReplyDeleteI think our bed from Ikea also took a bazillion hours to put together...
ReplyDeleteOh, and I feel the pain when you make a huge mistake and you find out near the end and you have to start unscrewing things...ugh, so annoying!!
Of course it dosn't help that Ikea's directions are not the best. By far, way far.
Laurie is right, she is the champion ikea putter together. LOL
Oh how I wish we lived by an IKEA. We went this summer while on vacation and got chunk's christmas present that Tiff has to put together on xmas eve! That is a lot to do... sounds like cabinet pulls should be the first on the list! Ouch!
ReplyDeleteUgh, that doesn't sound fun at all. Kim is awesome at putting Ikea stuff together!
ReplyDelete