Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Update on results

Blood and Urine OK so it was apparently JUST a scratch. Now we're waiting for our appointment with the Child Abuse Prevention Program.
I think I'm going to puke. I understand they need to do this but I feel like I'm getting in trouble for taking care of my daughter. The ER doctor wasn't very supportive. She said she talked to them and they'd seen cases like this before and I shouldn't have anything to worry about. Um, No! I should absolutely have NOTHING to worry about. Sadie is with me 99% of the day. There is no way this could be anything but her scratchig herself. ):


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

8 comments:

  1. OMG, thinking of you. I can't imagine what an ordeal this has been. Those laws are there to protect children, but it is scary to be on the receiving end of that kind of scrutiny, especially when you've had such a scare with Sadie's health! Please update when you get a chance. I am sending you all my calming, soopthing it'll-be-alright thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness.. I can't find words. I am so sorry that you all are going through this. I'll be thinking of you all today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just reading this has me stressed out. Please keep us up to date!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry you're going through this but you know you did nothing wrong and they'll come to the same conclusion. My cousins went through this when their son had a huge bump on his head that they couldn't explain, but in the end everything was fine. (He wasn't with them when it happened but the person he was with was a grandparent who also couldn't explain where it came from.)

    Also, Ian has had crazy bleeding twice now from tiny cuts (one on his finger and one on his mouth) so it is absolutely possible for her to bleed a lot from a tiny scratch. We've also wondered if he might have some sort of clotting issue.

    I hope Sadie is okay and that it's just a scratch.

    Thinking of you. Everything will be fine. Just work with them and tell them what happened. Hang in there and keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. Just re-read and saw the tests came back normal. Was that for clotting too or for infection? Good news anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG that must be scary and no one wants to hear them even questioning abuse. You know it's not abuse so try not to worry. You did the right thing by taking her in because you were concerned. They're just doing their job and you'll be out of there in no time. I hope it was just a scratch and nothing more--perhaps she just got herself really good and it has nothing to do with clotting. {{{hugs}}}

    ReplyDelete
  7. How horribly stressful for you! I'm so sorry. Sounds like they'll come to the correct and logical conclusion that it was a scratch. I've been surprised at how much damage baby can do with those little nails. Thinking of you and can't wait until this is all behind you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh crap, what an awful, scary situation. sending you much love and support.

    ReplyDelete