Holy $% tonight has sucked - enough to throw caution to the wind and open up my blog again. I need this outlet. Especially right now.
Sadie and I are currently at the ER of our Children's Hospital. She's asleep since we've been here for hours now. It's been awful.
Our ordeal started with her last (normal) diaper change. There was blood and a lot of it. I tried to clean her up to see if there was a cut and almost immediately more blood started to pool.
I have seen little scratches on her before. She loves to pull - it's not just a boy thing. I figured she'd sliced herself with one of her sharp, newly trimmed, nails.
The first reaction from the ER doc was that there was no way she could have scratched herself and caused that much bleeding. She had to have an x-ray to see if there were "any foreign objects" in her vagina. I objected saying that was impossible but it had to be done. Same with the report that needs to be filed and the investigation to ensure she is not being abused. (I told you this night really sucked).
After the x-ray they collected a urine sample using a small baggie. It showed blood and evidence of infection which meant they had to insert a catheter to get a second sample to rule out contamination. They are also doing bloodwork to rule out any clotting disorders that would make her bleed so much.
It only took 9 months for a medical question to come up that I couldn't answer. I don't know if the donor has clotting issues in his family. It didn't say anything on his profile but I feel that means very little.
Wish us luck. I hope we'll be home soon. I hope it is just a scratch. I hope everything is ok. Sadie has been a trooper.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
OMFG???????
ReplyDelete