No call today. I hope they call this week because I want this over with.
To clarify from my previous post, the blood and urine were cleared for clotting issue and UTI. There has been NO bleeding today.
I took a look this afternoon and the scratch looks more like an abrasion or a streak of blood vessles. It does not look like a slice or cut. Very strange. I hope that we're just dealing with Sadie grabbing herself and not an actual issue that has been overlooked in the process of protecting her.
I want to say that I wish we hadn't gone to the ER but there was a lot of blood and I couldn't see anything that could cause it. We're not talking about spotting or pink when wiping. I opened her diaper and there was a circle of dark red blood that looked exactly like AF. We *had* to get it checked out, and immediately. I even took the pay highway to get to the Hospital faster.
Again, this is to protect children but being in my shoes and being questioned about it is just the worst thing I've ever been through. I feel like I need to defend myself but that makes me feel like I have done something. It makes me feel guilty but the only thing I could be guilty of is not filing her sharp little nails after clipping them.
This is just a nightmare. ):
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
i am so sorry you all are going through this, but i am so glad sadie is ok. keep us updated.
ReplyDeleteHow very scary. :( I hope that it's over with soon, and am glad that Sadie's okay. *hugs*
ReplyDeleteI don't know how I missed this, but I just caught up today. I'm so sorry this is happening to you all. Of course you did the right thing taking her to the ER - as any good mother would. I really hope they move this investigation along and drop all suspicion and let you concentrate on helping find out what's up with Sadie and making her better. ((( hugs)))
ReplyDeleteYou did the right thing. If she had a somewhat sharp nail, she probably did it to herself. They can grab really hard and hurt themselves before they realize what they're doing. They'll find that nothing's wrong--don't you worry.
ReplyDeleteYou absolutely did the right thing and I also don't think it's unusual at all for her to have cut herself and for it to bleed a lot. Those little nails are sharp! Our kids always have scratches on their faces from their own nails.
ReplyDeleteWhen I was two years old I fell off a wooden rocking horse and broke my arm. My mom took me to the ER and since English wasn't my first language I couldn't communicate what happened to me and say that I fell off my horsie. They brought in all these people to question and investigate her, continually asking what happened and how I broke my arm. As scary as it was for her she knew the truth that she did nothing wrong and everything worked out fine.
ReplyDeleteI asked her if she was angry or upset that they had done all that questioning and had been so suspicious. She said she wasn't because she knew that there probably was some innocent little kid whose parent had hurt them and she would rather them be suspicious and catch the people who do horrible things than to not ask questions at all.
Remember that you did nothing wrong! I know everything will work out. Let me know if you need anything.