Thursday, October 14, 2010

More thoughts...

I don't know what's with me today but here I am again.
I can't stop thinking about our clinic issue. D has a co-worker who is using the same clinic and she had no idea our doctor had left and she's mid cycle with her right now!
After reading RateMDs and seeing the reviews of the doctor we'd likely be assigned, we've decided to jump ship. D has promised we can do IVF if we get low on supplies so I'm not too worried - yet.
One of the complaints about our clinic was that it was expensive. They charged us $350 for cycle monitoring, something we haven't heard anyone else paying. Apparently IVF is about 4k higher than other clinics as well. If our doc was still there we'd be staying but I don't see the point now. I'm just soooo glad I made the call now. This gives us plenty of time to get on waiting lists. I also suspect that I can get my met from our GP. Hopefully.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. On my blog you said you were worried you'd get your old doctor for an IUI but you told me that our RE's office is your doctor's old office. He left so I assume you won't run into him ever. Maybe check the website to see if he's even listed as a doctor there.

    See if you can get in as previous patient at that clinic and avoid new registration cost.

    I agree, why stay at higher costing clinic if your doc is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our actual Dr. is long gone but she was totally useless. She was only there for ONE of my inseminations. It was like Cadesky was our Dr. because he did more than half of our IUI. You didn't know until the day of the procedure who it was going to be. I think it was only our weekend insems that we didn't have him. I want to meet with Dr. R. and discuss my concerns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. R is only away for vacation and sometimes during holidays. I only had someone else (a female doctor) for one of the IUIs out of the 7 I've done. Angele had Dr. R for her 1 IUI so 7/8 is pretty good. I think being a holiday weekend, only one doctor was on for IUIs which makes sense since they can't be expected to work every single weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, Dr. R. always warns you if she might not be available for the insemination. There was only one chance of it happening with Kim (out of five tries total) but the timing worked out fine so she did all of our inseminations so far.

    I can't believe you have to pay for cycle monitoring. The only thing we've ever had to pay to the clinic (other than having our samples washed since we have ICI vials instead of IUI) was a registration/admin fee of $100 and the $25 per cycle admin fee when the sperm is shipped.

    Glad you have some time to find a doctor you like.

    ReplyDelete