Thursday, October 14, 2010

Long Weekend and Longer Weekend

This past weekend was all about fun! We started off on Friday by going to the drive-in to see Easy A and the Social Network. I've been inspired. I want to be an internet billionaire.
On Saturday we went to the pumpkin patch. We didn't actually buy a pumpkin but we did have fun running through a corn trail, going through a haunted barn (the "boo barn") and seeing animals. I want to go back again because it was too busy to buy any of the delicious smelling goods that were for sale!
Here are some pictures:



On Sunday we celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving. Sadie and I went visiting in the morning to see my grandmother, my aunt and my cousin. In the afternoon I returned home for Turkey dinner! Sadie tried Turkey and Peas and LOVED them. She kept saying MMMMMM... MMMMM.... It was too cute! She is clearly ready to move on to more solid foods... now if only Momma was ready. Why am I so nervous?
On Monday we went to the Rockton World's Fair which is a Thanksgiving weekend tradition from when I was a kid. Normally we would put the turkey in the oven and then go but this year we were able to eat all of the junk food we wanted because we'd already had our big dinner!
For FUN and not exploitation (although I'm sure some will disagree) we entered Sadie in the baby contest. She won third prize, which was $15. That marks the end of her career since next fall she'll be too old for the baby show!
This weekend coming is going to be a busy one - a longer Weekend. Our bags are packed but we're not quite ready to hit the road Friday morning. I still have a huge list of things to do, including cleaning out the car and it's pouring rain!!
My mom offered to paint our living room, dining room and hall while we're gone but we couldn't get our stuff together (pick paint colours, buy supplies, etc). I would love to say if we'd planned this better we could have had our place painted but we didn't plan this at all!!! Luckily I was able to get our contractor in to do a couple of small jobs and some of our new furniture is being delivered (that fell into place on its own).
Can't wait to get outta town!! NYC city and Long Island... here we come!

5 comments: