It's been well over 72 hours since our ER visit and nothing has happened. Was the ER doctor trying to scare us?
At this point I'm guessing our report is at the bottom of a large stack of files from other families, like ours, who took their banged up tots to the ER. Clearly we're not a priority and that feels really, really good! We're also happy they haven't called because D picked Sadie up and wonked her head into a low hanging light fixture in our dinning room! The bruise on her forehead is fading but talk about icing on the cake! Sheesh.. why does my life need to be filled with so much drama? I've been thinking about this a lot lately and by blogging all of this it must seem like we are drama 24-7! We're not. We're mostly boring and I'm only slightly crazy. (;
All joking aside, this situation would be a lot easier to handle if we were talking suspected physical abuse. I'd trade Sadie's scratched hoo-ha for a head wonk anyday!!
ANYWAY... With all this going on I decided that it was time to flee the country! We're going on a very impulsive and last minute trip down to Long Island/Manhattan next weekend. We're going to hang out with Heather, Laurie and Ryan (Creating a Miracle) and then (as per D) we're going to skip down Broadway.
Yay!!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Yayyyy!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm really jealous that you're going to NY. Have fun!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you are definitely not a priority. Maybe they looked at the report and didn't see a problem and won't contact you at all.
I remember when Erik had his broken wrist and then he fell off our bed and banged up his nose. I had to take him to urgent care to make sure his nose wasn't broken. At that point he was only in the removeable brace for his wrist and I took it off because I was so worried about what they'd think! LOL. I think I ended up telling the doctor anyway as we were joking about how clumsy he is. They didn't think it was unusual at all.