Tuesday, September 14, 2010

And HOME etc

We're home. We've been home for a week now but my access to Blogger has been limited. My iPhone is off limits (exceeded data) and our good computer is having issues thanks to windows7thatmaynotbeauthentic. Dark ages.
Things are going well. My reaction while away was an overreaction. I came back to a clean house and just looking around I knew that I was crazy to think we had an issue. I'm hoping that all of my anxiety about our move and the house is over now that the larger aspects of our reno are complete. I had no idea how hard this (moving/renovating) was going to be!
IN OTHER NEWS:

CLOTHING: Sadie is growing like a weed. She's suddenly outgrown most of her clothing and with the change of the season we've found ourselves short on things for her to wear. Time to go shopping! We actually had a really hard time at the mall. Baby Gap, which was our favourite early on, has turned a bit too trendy for our liking. Do babies really need skinny jeans?? I know that a lot of people say that girls are more "fun" or "easier" to shop for than boys but what I'm personally finding is that boys have a good selection of comfortable and PRACTICAL clothing that simply isn't matched on the girls side of the store. The best we can find is from Carter's and OshKosh. Good price, good quality and baby appropriate. I also hit the jackpot at an amazing second hand store and bought several fall outfits (many Gymboree) for $60.

TEETHING: Tooth #7 and tooth #8 are here!

FEEDING: We're still slowly moving along in this department. I've bought a mini food processor and I'm going to try it out this weekend. We've tried many new foods since my last report. Barley cereal has been a big hit and so have apricots. We're tasting lots of new things but not really consuming much. Again, I don't think she's picky. She's just not that interested.

TOYS: Sadie LOVES Peak-a-Blocks. If you're on my FB you know I've gone a bit insane looking for them! Well she now has a large collection of maybe 75 or so and she is so cute playing with them. She intently looks inside them and I know she wants to touch the little things inside. The BEST part is that she doesn't just suck/chew on them. She actually plays!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're home and doing well.

    75 blocks? Good Lord! LOL

    Our kids never played with those blocks at all...we have maybe 12.

    I agree with you about the skinny jeans. Jeans in general fall off their asses when they're older and they don't have diapers. I hate them. Other pants are definitely more practical. Now when I buy a baby jeans, I only buy if they have an elastic waistband because babies have baby guts and those don't do well with tight GAP skinny jeans.

    Other good places to shop... Bonnie Togs, Children's Place, Old Navy, Gymboree and Mexx. Mexx makes cool clothing (more pricey) but they are comfy. They have dressy looking clothing that is comfortable--love them. I find too that sometimes I love a line from a store and then the season changes and I hate their stuff.

    Have you noticed too that girl clothing is all about shopping and being cute or even (yuck) sexy? It's kind of insane some of the stuff you find out there. Boy clothing tends to be about sports, cars and bugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're home and doing well. Great update! We have a few of those blocks but neither of our kids really played with them. That's awesome that she's getting so much enjoyment from them. It's nice when you find something they like and will play with.

    I'm one of those people who thinks that shopping for a girl would be way more fun but I have definitely been disturbed by some of the styles I've seen for toddlers and young girls. And I can see how a lot of the stuff is just to look cute, not for comfort. Boys' clothes are sometimes like that too depending on where you shop. Ian can't wear pants with buttons at all because his belly is too big and they dig into his skin. :)

    Hope the mini food processor works for you. We loved it. It's a great way to transition them to different flavours and textures and to eating what you're eating rather than just baby food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SEVEN TEETH!! Holy moly! We are still waiting for #3 to emerge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being home! I know the hell that is renovation - not pleasant. The end result is worth it, though.

    Sounds like Sadie is doing great. She and Shane are similar with the teeth coming in like crazy. He has 7 already in and 3 more making their way as we speak. Crazy!

    Boy clothes are a lot more fun than I thought they would be, but I would also love shopping for a girl, I'm sure. I hear you on the adult styles for babies. Baby skinny jeans are just nuts. Can't they just be babies? There is a lot of boy stuff that I'd put my girl in (were I to have one), so you might try looking on the boys side. They are having a sale on Brannon's favorites at Baby Gap (at least they were on Sat - 50% off) and we picked up quite a few things that I think would be unisex (striped pants and onesie, onesie with rockets and robots).

    ReplyDelete