Really badly. ):
Today has been SHIT:
I'm STILL at my mom's. My "vacation" here ended about a week ago when I became super homesick. The problem is that the work at the house keeps dragging out.
We were supposed to have our cable installed today but the cable company, who previously couldn't install because of our poor wiring, took issue with our BRAND NEW DEDICATED cable lines. We went from having Analog TV, Internet and Phone to ONLY TV by the afternoon because the jackass cable guy cut out the old cables BEFORE verifying the new ones worked. Now the cable company is blaming our electrician and our electrician is blaming the cable company. It seems that big cable company customer service department is paid to prove the customer is always wrong because I got little sympathy from them when I explained that we had 3 services, albeit not they way we wanted them, in the morning to a choice of only 1 in the afternoon. We now have a 3rd installation appointment with them where I'm sure they will still be completely fucking useless. To mitigate that possibility I've invited my electrician to be there.
As if that wasn't stressful enough our contractor found an acupuncture needle inside our front door. That would be #2 because I'd also found one on the drive way.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me the strength to deal with this because right now I'm sick with stress. All I can imagine is that our house is littered with acupuncture needles that Sadie will be able to find and swallow. Not to mention that I fear Sadie has already been pricked by one and infected by some scary disease.
There isn't a stitch of carpet in our home. I'm hoping and praying that I will be able to go over the place thoroughly enough to find any that may linger. If anyone has any advice on finding a needle (literally) in a haystack, please share.
btw, I called my doctor to discuss the associate risks of a needle stick and it's about 0. Not that I feel any better.
Yep, I need a hug. A big one.
Whoa! I have no idea... Maybe crawl every inch of the house, literally, to see if you find anything? You could also swifter and vacuum everywhere after your inspection to double check. That is really scary and why would the previous owner have loose needles everywhere!!!?
ReplyDeleteI think you need to talk to your doctor about your anxiety. I don't want you getting sick about stuff. {{{hugs}}}
ReplyDeleteVacuum your place thoroughly. I'm sure there won't be any needles around after that. Chances are her motor skills would not be good at picking up something that tiny and you'd notice it before she had a chance to actually pick it up. Also, I doubt anything harmful would be living on the needle especially after months of it laying there.
Yes, have your electrician there. When we wanted an outlet installed for our wall mounted tv, our contractor had to drill the hole through the wall because the cable company (Rogers) is too afraid to do anything. They won't drill through walls very often and they are totally useless. That way the electrician can deal with the technician and they can both work out a solution for you without you going back and forth figuring out who is right and who is wrong.