Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I can do this

It's a new day that doesn't seem quite as scary. I now know that even one day of missed medication can throw me into despair.
Yes, the situation at hand is scary and not ideal but I'm reminding myself of the following:
1) The house was immaculate when we moved in. It was immaculate when we viewed it and immaculate when we inspected it. Therefore it's not as if we moved into a dirty home where something would be "littered".

2) The location of the acupuncture needle found inside was on the landing by the front door indicating it was on its way out (perhaps in garbage?). The layout of the house, as a raised bungalow, is that you enter the front door to a landing with stairs leading up or down. Honestly, it's been piled with boxes since we moved in and we hadn't cleaned there. It's the only place on the upper house we hadn't cleaned when we moved in. The other needle was found on our driveway. Again, indicating the needles were being taken OUT of the house.

3) When we moved in my Aunt vacuumed, mopped and swiffered our upstairs thoroughly.

4) I know the facts of the biological risk and there is none at this point. HIV lives in blood 24 ours, dried only several hours. Hep C and B live 2 weeks dried. We've been in the house 2 months and Sadie was not mobile enough to get into trouble within the first few weeks. Also, the owners of the house were an elderly Asian couple most likely using acupuncture for something like chronic pain.

5)Although the subject matter is scary being that it is a needle the risk could be there with many things leftover from a previous owner. Prescription medication, sewing needles, broken glass. I should do a big clean before letting our toddler loose regardless.

I can do this...

2 comments:

  1. Glad you're in a better place today and have rationalized it. Sounds like the risk of even finding a needle is small.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you had a hard day yesterday. Sounds like you're doing better today. It is scary to think about the needles but it's probably not very likely that there are any more since it sounds like they were being taken from the house. Maybe they had them packed in boxes when they moved and a couple slipped out on the way out the door. I would just be sure to sweep and vacuum thoroughly to make sure, especially in the room where the door is where they found one.

    ReplyDelete