Monday, August 16, 2010

Paranoid?

So, we're currently without wireless Internet but we're adding it again. There was just a story on the news about how it could make kids sick. I was already leaning on the I-don't-really-want-it side before I saw this.
How many out there have home WiFi? Anyone have concerns?
When we lived in the condo we had several WiFi signals coming into our unit. In the house there is only one that gets picked up occasionally. Therefore, it seems that we've already drastically decreased Sadie's exposure. But what can you really do? WiFi is everywhere. Even our home alarm uses wireless technology.
BTW, this is just a glimpse into my constant worryfest!!


-- Post From My iPhone

6 comments:

  1. I have never heard of such a thing, so I guess I am not worried. Hotels, restaurants, businesses, schools etc all have WiFi now, so it would be nearly impossible to avoid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have a wireless internet connection but I've never heard anything about it being dangerous for children. I just figure you can't protect them from everything... this would fall into my category of there's no way to protect them from this. It's everywhere and will most certainly be part of their school life and future work life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have WiFi and live in a condo building where there are many WiFi networks. I think it's unavoidable, but I also think it's not something to lose sleep over. I think the tech has been around long enough that we'd know if it was an issue.

    And just so you don't feel alone in your worryfest, my latest obsession is worrying about earthquakes. Wherever baby is, I look around at all of the possible hazards should a strong earthquake hit. I am also really hating living on the first floor of a two story building. Yikes! We do live in CA, but I have go to bring it down a notch or I'll drive myself insane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard this either. We have wireless and we both have cell phones. I figure all of this stuff is too hard to avoid so I worry about the stuff I can control, like his food, toys he plays with, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the WiFi unavoidableness (I think I just made up that word?!) It's everywhere! I've never heard of it being bad for children... I'm sure it's fine.

    ReplyDelete