Saturday, September 26, 2009

Research FAIL

Rolling with the last post.... I went back into research mode yesterday. You know, just for fun, and because I'm INSANE.
How did I miss THIS?


I hope that was the FIRST and LAST time I ever hear that song!!!!!!!!!
For the record I was trying to figure out what song my dad sang when he found out our name. It certainly wasn't this one!!!!! It was a cute little song. If anyone ever refers to our daughter as "Sexy Sadie" I'm going to need to be restrained. Hopefully we have 16++++ years before I need to worry about that!! LOL
I imagine this is how my parents felt when people used to call me Jessica Rabbit at 10 years old!!

2 comments:

  1. If you search iTunes for "sadie" a lot of great tunes pop up. I think it's a fab name, and by the time she's old enough to care, the kids will be like, "Beatles who?!"

    I was named after an apparently one-time famous burlesque singer who sang pretty off-color tunes... and really, what I took away from that is everyone who caught the reference to Keely Smith was just, well, OLD.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ignore the masses, if they catch onto Sadie. I love it!

    Plus, you can switch it around and sing 'sleepy sadie' and the like when you sing it to her :)

    ReplyDelete