Monday, September 7, 2009

Impatient

I can't believe I'm writing that word already. I'm just shy of 24 weeks!! I think it may have been my trip to L&D that has gotten me so antsy (btw, thank-you for your kinds words - everything really is ok).
In any case, I am resorting to writing a list of things I'm looking forward to other than giving birth.... and trust me, I'm not complaining about being pregnant. Ilove it! It's just that while we were TTC it seemed like calendar pages were flying past and now every day seems so slow.
Cue distractions... and since I'm a big entertainment junky I'll be adding the movies I'm looking forward to seeing first... and any other important things in there:

September: TV returns! Can't wait for the 2nd episode of Glee on Wednesday!
September 11 to 13: Toronto International Film Festival opening weekend.
September 13: My cousin's baby shower. Looking forward to it and also dreading it because it seems to be turning into a huge affair.
September 18: Jennifer's Body opens in theatres!
September 21: Report for Jury Duty! (Not really looking forward to this but at least it's not a Monday at work)
September 25: Fame opens in theatres!
October 2: Whip It! opens in theatres!
October 3: Friend's house warming party - get to check out his Flip!
October 6: 3D scan @ 28 weeks
October 10-12: Thanksgiving Long weekend
October 16-18: Prenatal weekend intensive
October 17: Get together/party with friends from High School
October 30: Youth In Revolt opens in theatres!
October 31: Halloween
November: Meet with Doula for the first of 2 prenatal appointments
November 8: Baby Shower #1 (Family) TBD
November 15: Put up the Christmas tree while watching the Santa Claus Parade!
November 20: New Moon (yes, I want to see it) opens in theatres!
November 22: Baby Shower #2 (Friends) TBD
December: Meet with Doula for second prenatal appontment
December 11: The princess and the Frog opens in theatres!
December 18: Last day of work!

I don't want to think of anything later than December 18th at this point because I know there is going to be D-R-A-M-A around Christmas. My parents delusionally expect that I'll still be coming in for Christmas Eve/Day, 5 days before my due date, an hour+ away from our hospital. Let's just leave it at that for now... I'm ignoring the issue that is slowly brewing.

Also, I should be adding in that we'll probably be working on Sadie's room and the condo, non-stop! We have cleared out so much already and have taken our first round of donations to Goodwill. Our friend has also agreed to let us use her storage locker (we do not have one) and is also taking our old dresser.
I guess I should be happy time is going by slowly so we can get stuff done but still.....!!

7 comments:

  1. looks like you have some fun stuff coming up to distract you!

    maybe sadie will arrive a week or so early, allowing you to bypass the family drama? being hesitant to be that far away from your hospital 5 days before your edd is very reasonable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At every post, I am amazed how much we are alike! I sure wish we lived closer to each other!!!! I can't wait for Glee and Fame too. I am an entertainment junkie and a musical freak, so these are up my alley! Now that our nursery is done, we sit in his room and just ponder...waiting for him to come. Tiff reminded me we have nearly 4 months!!!! It seems like an eternity. Let's hang in there together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Making a list is a GREAT idea! Maybe I'll do the same... and I am definitely going to try putting a glass of cold water on the belly to see how Sweet Pea reacts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the list. I am constantly mentally listing exciting things to look forward to as well (usually this is more things-to-buy rather than movies, etc...) It's a great way to organize your excitement for things to come. Congrats on having things go slowly, too. It gives you time to enjoy things, no?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to make a list! Sorry about the family drama. :(

    About a few weeks before your due date, you'll be wondering where the time went!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog and adding me. I, too, cannot wait for the fall line up. When we were in LA there were billboards for Glee all over the darn place. Maybe I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. well I need to check out this Glee show! I am very impressed with your list - you have lots planned! I really hope that the family drama is somehow circumvented or solved. Just remember it's all about you and your DW and the baby!!!! That's what's important!

    ReplyDelete