Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I love my new clinic...

Since the move from 1000 mg to 1500 mg I have been feeling pretty yucky. Mostly it has been fatigue, a feeling of motion sickness and my eyes have been bothering me (feeling extremely tired and hard to focus). The last 3 or 4 days have been much worse and yesterday was unbearable. By mid afternoon I felt very lightheaded, dizzy and I was extremely confused. I felt like I was intoxicated.
D and I figured it was time to let my doctor know (I was a bit afraid she’d say to stop when I do want to continue). Anyway, I e-mailed the nurse and 8 minutes later I received a phone call saying that she had spoken with the Dr. and I was fine to continue with the full 1500 mg dose. She suggested that it was just taking longer for my system to process the higher dose. She also said that I could drop back down to 1000 mg if that made me more comfortable.
I’m going to try to drink more water because I’ve been drinking a lot less over the last bit and I’m also going to try to spread the pills out a bit further apart.
I have my follow-up appointment on the 20th so I want to stay on the full dose until at least then. I also have my annual physical with my GP next week and I can mention it to her.
Speaking of my physical… it was supposed to be tomorrow but I have my job interview for the new position. I had to cancel it. When I called in the receptionist said she didn’t think I could get an appointment until March!!! My appointment is now scheduled for next week because I was “lucky” and a student doctor would be in and they wanted patients for pap smears and physicals so she could practice. I have no shame left in me and I don't really care who pokes around me anymore. So yes, I am having my physical done in a teaching environment with my GP supervising a student!

2 comments:

  1. Glad the new clinic is working out for you! I hope you stop feeling so lousy on the new dose!!!

    I once had a student do the transvaginal ultrasound on me. It took forever. And then I had a midwife student do my IV once and that was hell. But they have to learn somehow, right? :P

    ReplyDelete