Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Almost Day 1, try # 8

TMI but I'm spotting so Day 1 will be tomorrow. I'm very excited for my first try with the new clinic!!! OMG - Try #8!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIOPSY:
I went to my GP today for the biopsy of that funny looking mole. She said it looked better and that I may have cut it last time. Another round of TMI but I had to shave the area to show it to her. We went ahead with the biopsy regardless and I have a single stitch. She said that the worst case scenario would be removing it (if there were abnormal cells) and there was really nothing to worry about as far as getting pregnant and not knowing the results! That makes me feel a lot better. My blood pressure on the other hand.. is kinda high. At my physical it was 150/100 and today it was 140/100. She's not overly concerned and is not diagnosing hypertension. Back to cutting salt!!

WORK:
I started my new job on Monday and so far I'm really enjoying it. I had no idea how stressed out I felt in my old role. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders! I also really like my manager. He is hilarious!

ON A SERIOUS TOPIC:
In 2007, 90 children known to the Ontario Child welfare system died. These children were either open cases of CAS or had died within a year of their files being closed. This is so sad but I can honestly say I am not surprised at all. My nephew could have been one of those children and in my opinion CAS did not do enough to ensure he was being cared for. I have not mentioned this before but one of the reasons I called CAS this past summer was because my 3 year old nephew who is developmentally delayed and blind swallowed a bottle of pills and was rushed to the hospital to have his stomach pumped. Immediately after this incident my SIL (who was the only one with him when this happened) insisted she did not want him anymore. So many things go through my mind. For example, how long was my blind 3 year old newphew left alone for him to find a bottle of pills and to swallow the contents? Did my SIL's breaking point come before or after this incident?? At that time, there had already been a complaint to CAS about my nephew not receiving the treatment he required. To my knowledge, after the initial contact there had been no follow-up. My complaint came AFTER this incident and was the 2nd time CAS was contacted. This was when my SIL was trying to give away all 3 of her children. It took CAS 2 months to get in contact with them and do the interview. A LOT can happen to a child in 2 months!! This makes me so angry. Further, CAS promised me discretion in their questioning. BS. We now have no contact with the children.

3 comments:

  1. here's to lucky #8, wishing you the best of luck!

    love the new blog layout, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited for your next try! I love the number 8 and not just because I was born on the 8th of March but it just feels like a good number. Fingers crossed for you!

    Glad the new job is going well.

    That is so sad about CAS. It really is sickening that more is not done for these helpless children. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck! I hope your new clinic and new doc works the magic!
    So sad about your nephew and all the abused and neglected children that fall through the cracks.
    take care and go and make a baby!
    TG:)

    ReplyDelete