joining in now...
Loved ones.
I'm sad this year because it has been a trying year when it comes to family. I'm sure some of you are waiting for the day I write about kicking my mom out and never speaking to her again... but that's not what this is about. My mom and I are in pretty good shape. Sure there have been issues but nothing even blog worthy.
The issue is my dad. We're now 10 days out from Christmas and 130 days since our last visit. We live 30 min from each other. My Dad has seen Sadie 4 times this year. Once in February, April, May and August. 4 times, all initiated by us. Not one invite or one dinner or even phone call in between. Just 4 quick visits.
Our last visit was HORRIBLE. Sadie was hungry and there was a heavy rain storm that had abruptly started. Instead of asking us to stay for dinner they gave Sadie a banana for the road. What kind of grandparent does that? At that point I'd had enough. I said we weren't visiting again until we were extended an invite.
We're now 10 days out from Christmas and 130 days since our last visit and NO INVITE.
Of course no invite may be better than last years invite which sounded like:
"You're not planning on staying for dinner on Christmas, right?"
No dad we weren't...
Christmas should be about loved ones and it will be. It will be about our little family. Sadie, D, myself and my mom. I hope papa figures out why he's such an ass before he misses his only grandchild growing up.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
I'm sorry. That really sucks. I hope he realizes what he's missing before it's too late.
ReplyDeleteI am sorry your Dad is being such an ass. I'm sure you'll have a lovely family holiday despite it. Hugs, Mama.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry you have to deal with an ass for a father. Hope he realizes it too and changes his ways. :( Glad things have been good with your mother. YOu'll have a great holiday without him.
ReplyDeletexoxoxoxoxo
ReplyDeleteThis post brought tears to my eyes. He is missing out on an amazing little girl, and her two incredible Mommies. Love you guys.
ugh that sounds horrible! You deserve more than that and so does Sadie!
ReplyDelete